Author Topic: Battle for the Superfly Night Crew  (Read 19996 times)

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
Re: Battle for the Superfly Night Crew
« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2005, 11:55:07 PM »
Um, yeah I'm in Utah.

I'm doing some temp work this week for my old company while I'm waiting to hear back about full time jobs.

The company you just got fired from?  Or another one?
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2005, 11:57:10 PM »
The one I got fired from. Technically I was laid off, so they gave me the option to do the flowers account for valentine's day.  It at least keeps some money coming in while I"m interviewing and trying to decide what I want to do.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2005, 11:58:17 PM »
I guess a job's a job, yeah?  That's still got to be lame working for them after that.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2005, 11:58:49 PM »
Well Monster.com just had a huge Superbowl commercial so they're almost definately gonna get a million hits tomorrow... I suggest you update your resume... just to be on top.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 07, 2005, 12:00:01 AM »
It kind of is, but... *shrug*.  At the same time, I get more money out of them, and it's not like the whole company screwed me over, just a few select people. There are some really nice people there who I'm happy to be working with, but even if they offered me another permanent job I don't think I'd stick around after this.  I just look at it more like using them to get a paycheck while I shop around elsewhere.  And I'm finding that they do *not* pay that well.

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 07, 2005, 12:01:24 AM »
Well Monster.com just had a huge Superbowl commercial so they're almost definately gonna get a million hits tomorrow... I suggest you update your resume... just to be on top.

LoL. I have an interview Monday afternoon and I need to call back one of the other places I applied for to set up an appointment.  Perhaps during my lunch tomorrow.  A third place called and left a message, but I'm not sure if I want to call them back or not because they're not paying a lot and the commute might not be worth it without the extra pay.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 07, 2005, 12:02:47 AM »
couldnt hurt...

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 07, 2005, 12:04:08 AM »
I think I'm going to make some rice...

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 07, 2005, 12:04:42 AM »
Use chicken stock instead of water...

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #219 on: February 07, 2005, 12:06:59 AM »
Amazingly, no crowds on the streets, from the pictures on the news. They really sent out the cops and did a lot of advertising beforehand, too, to prevent it. Plus, perhaps winning it the third time in four years isn't so exciting as waiting 86 years.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 12:07:13 AM by norroway »
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 07, 2005, 12:08:35 AM »
Use chicken stock instead of water...

Hey...there's an idea...

Umm, except, the only thing I have to put on the rice is spagetti sauce.  Not all that appetizing, but better than nothing.  Rice with chicken stock isn't a stand-alone, is it?  Anything else I can do to it with a practically empty kitchen?  
« Last Edit: February 07, 2005, 12:10:00 AM by MsFish »

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 07, 2005, 12:11:19 AM »
Define practically empty...

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 07, 2005, 12:15:31 AM »
The fact that I'm going to make rice and spagetti sauce for dinner should give you a clue.

In the fridge I have half a jar of salsa, two eggs, spagetti sauce, and a jar of strawberry jam.  And that's it.  Literally.  I have rice, obviously, and then some flour and sugar...and peanut butter...and hot chocolate mix...some angel hair pasta...oats, cornmeal, ketchup, barbecue sauce, honey, vinegar and oil.  That's it.  How pathetically sad.  

Then I have a collection of spices, if that helps.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 07, 2005, 12:18:49 AM »
Oh, and bread.  I have bread.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 07, 2005, 12:20:30 AM »
Ok, Take and cook the rice, with chicken stock,... then throw it in the freezer for a second to cool it down,... Put a little oil in a pan , crack the egg in a bowl and throw it all in the pan (after the rice is cold) the goal here is to make egg fried rice...