Author Topic: erm.. Mistborn in CCG format?  (Read 1620 times)

neiana

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
erm.. Mistborn in CCG format?
« on: May 09, 2008, 06:04:07 AM »
So... just completely random... I was looking at the TWG forums and glossed over the CCG link and thought: Mistborn? or even, now that I think of it, Elantris?

With such delicate and intricate magical laws governing these two worlds, as well as Warbreaker's, has anyone considered (or has Brandon been approached concerning) a CCG on any of these properties?

I can see, potentially, TOR refusing on account of the failed WoT (by Precedence), but TOR wouldn't have anything to worry about other than some sort of reputation should it bomb.  While WoT was just a little too...'out there'..., we still have aGoT that follows along similar lines as L5R.  I don't see how Mistborn or Elantris could be structured even remotely similar to either, though with some words of wisdom from Brandon, a dedicated designer could easily take either property and make it unique and fun...

- N

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: erm.. Mistborn in CCG format?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 04:27:07 PM »
I don't play any CCGs, but it seems like the metals system in Mistborn would easy lend themselves to tapping.

Brandon is a big Magic player, though I assume he's doing it a lot less right now.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 06:28:38 PM »
EUOL actualy has rules designed for a Mistborn CCG.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

neiana

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 10:59:50 PM »
EUOL actualy has rules designed for a Mistborn CCG.

Has someone contacted him?...is he shopping it?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 07:59:28 PM »
no to both of those.

It was just a game you could play with a standard set of playing cards and it was something he was debating placing on his website but this was over a year ago where he mentioned it to me and he's probably to busy to finish the game.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.