Author Topic: Mysterious Reen ?  (Read 9014 times)

SarahG

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious Reen ?
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2008, 05:30:19 PM »
It all comes back to the earring.  Oh, what wonders EUOL must be planning to reveal in MB3 in regards to that earring!
He ate my horse.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2008, 06:54:31 PM »
There are several keys to the mistborn puzzle, and if we figure out completely just a couple of them, all the secets will unravel, and we should be able to figure things out: The earring, hemalurgy, the mists, the mist spirit.   We're missing something from each, but they are all intertwined somehow, but how?  I think the most important thing is the mists, they seem to be integrated into everything.  They're also what we seem to know the littlest about.

And how the mist spirit tried to remove the earring, that seems to make it on preservation's side doesn't it, but we already susepceted that, and notice how the ring burns when the spirit touches it, like it's resisting it
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 07:49:25 PM by Comatose »
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2008, 08:49:07 PM »
And how the mist spirit tried to remove the earring, that seems to make it on preservation's side doesn't it, but we already susepceted that, and notice how the ring burns when the spirit touches it, like it's resisting it

But the earring also burns when Vin is in the Well, which if I'm not mistaken is filled with Ruin.  So how does that work?
He ate my horse.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2008, 08:59:40 PM »
The earring Burns when she is in the well, but not when the mist spirit touches her. As darx said, she feels intense pain, not burning. He even metioned that she feels frozen when the spirit touches her arm. That's opposite enough for me. :)
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2008, 09:01:00 PM »
The earring Burns when she is in the well, but not when the mist spirit touches her. As darx said, she feels intense pain, not burning. He even metioned that she feels frozen when the spirit touches her arm. That's opposite enough for me. :)

OK, mist spirit freezes and well spirit burns, but they both seem to want her to remove the earring.  Why?
He ate my horse.

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2008, 09:06:51 PM »
I attribute it to Preservation/Preservation's agent (depending on which mist spirit theory you believe) not liking hemalurgy.

The well has several possibilities. I think my favorite of these is that the well will cause you to feel a burning sensation if you have any metal on whatsoever. The other possibility is the whole "opposites attract, likes repel" thing, and the well is  opposed to hemalurgy because it has a lot to do with ruin. Or the earrings hemalurgical properties temporarily increased in such close proximity to ruin and caused vin to feel a burning.

But long story short, there are ways to explain it.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2008, 06:22:42 AM »
I would say it could be the power holding Ruin IN was what was reacting to the ring, and not Ruin itself.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2008, 08:19:26 PM »
That's good I like that, the well has the power of creation right, so naturally, it would oppose things that are of Ruin.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier