4 (4.7%)
Gray Man
0 (0%)
Gholam
1 (1.2%)
Fade
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Wheel v. Mist  (Read 31111 times)

Wolfstar

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Wheel v. Mist
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2009, 04:49:24 AM »
Now that Brandon is writing A Memory of Light, I was wondering which of those groups people liked best and why. I think it'd be interesting to see how the groups stack up against each other.
WoT is incredibly epic and very interesting but if I had my way, I'd have Sanderson not just write Memory of Light but re-write the entire WoT series.

Hands down the most absurd thing I have ever read on these boards. I love Sanderson's work but seriously?...Gaaah...The more I think on this the more obscene it becomes!!!

I somehow doubt he would care to do that.  I think being approached to write the final installment of WoT would be a great experience, but as an author with plenty of his own fresh ideas and active imagination, being asked to put a halt to his own works and rewrite something as long as WoT would in fact be a burden.
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2009, 01:20:08 PM »
Now that Brandon is writing A Memory of Light, I was wondering which of those groups people liked best and why. I think it'd be interesting to see how the groups stack up against each other.
WoT is incredibly epic and very interesting but if I had my way, I'd have Sanderson not just write Memory of Light but re-write the entire WoT series.

Hands down the most absurd thing I have ever read on these boards. I love Sanderson's work but seriously?...Gaaah...The more I think on this the more obscene it becomes!!!

I somehow doubt he would care to do that.  I think being approached to write the final installment of WoT would be a great experience, but as an author with plenty of his own fresh ideas and active imagination, being asked to put a halt to his own works and rewrite something as long as WoT would in fact be a burden.

Well that, plus the fans would crucify him...not that its his decision anyway.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2009, 08:31:48 PM »

Well that, plus the fans would crucify him...not that its his decision anyway.

Well, he'd have the choice to turn it down.
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2009, 12:32:25 AM »
Which he probably would.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2009, 12:35:55 AM »
I picked Wolfbrother, not because they're the strongest or the most skilled, but because Perrin and Elyas are two of my favorite WoT characters.
I love them, too, and would like being one of them; I'd still rather be a channeler.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2009, 12:40:43 AM »
Yeah, the idea of Brandon rewriting any of the Wheel of Time books is just silly.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2009, 04:34:02 PM »
He would be dead within a week.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2009, 05:45:25 AM »
Right, because of freezing to death from a freak blizzard. In hell.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2009, 04:41:50 PM »
I was thinking more like from being stabbed to death by millions of millions of enraged fans, but…yeah, that, too.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2009, 08:42:16 PM »
I'm just saying there's no reason anyone would kill him because it would never in a million years happen in the first place.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2009, 04:11:45 AM »
But if, Ookla. If.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2009, 12:11:41 AM »
Right, because of freezing to death from a freak blizzard. In hell.

Agreed.

You know, I only learned of Mr. Sanderson because he was selected to finish WoT, but after starting to read some of his stuff, I'm more excited to see more of his original works than AMoL.  Not that I'm less of a WoT fan after reading Mistborn, but because his stuff is very creative and twisty, but with plenty of realism in it.  I read Mistborn and felt that that world could be, and now that I'm reading Mistborn 2, it just keeps building.

So while I calmly wait for Tarmon Gaidon, I anxiously await the next step in his career beyond WoT...

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2009, 01:09:01 AM »
I think many of us do. Personally, I'm waiting for BS to finish (and publish) AMoL not just cuz I wanna read it, but cuz i wanna see what his next project will be.,
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2009, 06:35:34 PM »
I'm pumped for Warbreaker.  Well, and the second half of MB2 and for MB3, since I haven't gotten that far yet, haha.

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2009, 08:19:34 PM »
Ok i read the first several pages and I must say it depends on the channelers might. From what I hear ya'll are acting like Moraine is a normal strength channeler when she is super strong (New Spring she is the strongest in about 800 years) and most sisters are shocked that Elayne can pick up a cast iron laundry bucket filled with water in it with merely air. A strong channeller can send out a shockwave that kills everything in a 50m radius but thats freakish strong a weak channeler aka most common channelers that don't make even accepeted would be slaughtered by a mistborn... I choose the OP because of the sense of extreme life you would feel and its over all versitility :o
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz