Author Topic: Skaa Rebellion (possible spoilers?)  (Read 1065 times)

Armadius

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Bloptch.
    • View Profile
Skaa Rebellion (possible spoilers?)
« on: April 25, 2008, 02:13:05 AM »
Hey folks,

1) Some of you might remember me... maybe? Either way, I know I dropped off the face of the planet sometime last year. Awfully sorry about that. Anywho, I'm about halfway through The Well of Ascension (I stupidly didn't re-read Book 1 before starting Book 2) and I was just wondering about the history of skaa rebellions prior to the Lord Ruler's overthrow. If memory serves, there were some vague references to a rebellion on the Southern islands or somesuch... Does anybody have any other knowledge on the issue? (My apologies - I have a nasty habit of having too many questions about the obscure, undeveloped plot points in most books I read.)

2) I know how intensely thread resurrection is frowned upon here, but as I said earlier, life got just a touch too busy and conequently, I sort of disappeared a little while ago in the midst of an interesting thread (to me, anyway) about religion. I think I left some questions unanswered. If anybody endorses/encourages/permits it, I'd be happy to pick it up again. If not, I'll just let it rest.

Thanks!
~Armadius
"Beauty is a form of Genius - is higher, indeed, than Genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts of our world, like sunlight, or springtime, or the reflection in dark waters of that silver shell we call the moon. It cannot be questioned." - Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Skaa Rebellion (possible spoilers?)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 02:54:11 AM »
There have been rebellions on the fringes of the empire from time to time. However, I don't know whether any were really skaa-led or just fringe-nobleman-led, or other-former-ethnic-group-led, and anyway the Lord Ruler's koloss armies are extremely good at crushing rebellions on the fringes.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!