Author Topic: These Stupid Titles VI  (Read 132489 times)

dawncawley

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: These Stupid Titles VI
« Reply #840 on: December 05, 2008, 06:10:48 PM »
I can't drink the tequila with the worm in the bottom of the bottle, or anything with something floating in it. I totally agree with the "gives me the willies" comment. It is horrible, although I do hear it is some of the most potent stuff you can drink.

Unfortunately, at times I am a very slow poster. Sporadic, and not at all prolific, like I used to be. I am avoiding Brandon's section, due to not getting HoA until probably Christmas or later. And I am horrible about peeking in spoiler threads. I just can't help myself. I do like to look at the art thread and catch up on any new Warbreaker conversations, but they seem to be kind of slow. Almost everything in there is a spoiler thread now, and rightfully so, but it makes it hard for me to resist.

So, now I am hanging out here, in the music and books section, and trying not to spoil Heroes for my husband, who hasn't watched the last episode that we have on our DVR just yet. ;)

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #841 on: December 05, 2008, 06:12:29 PM »
*Yawns and stretches*

Wow last night was interesting. So many awesome topics and crazy ramblings.

Alas I must prepare for work so the posting on my end will be a tad lax.  :(

And just for the record, the snake alcohol rocks.  :D

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #842 on: December 05, 2008, 06:13:42 PM »
I am avoiding Brandon's section, due to not getting HoA until probably Christmas or later. And I am horrible about peeking in spoiler threads. I just can't help myself.  Almost everything in there is a spoiler thread now, and rightfully so, but it makes it hard for me to resist.

Yeah, I tend to avoid it too, because I'm only half done with HoA and I've stumbled across spoilers accidentally in the past for book 2, so I decided to be more cautious :D
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 05, 2008, 06:15:32 PM »
Wow, apparently trying to read through everything causes me to miss more. A lot of crazy stuff in there. Looked like a good time. Glad I didn't avoid real life though =).

I share the same sentiment Dawn. I wanna join in on conversations, but can't let things be spoiled otherwise I don't think I will enjoy the book as much. Hopefully this thread proves to be as interesting today =).
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 05, 2008, 06:16:37 PM »
I feel really bad, because I started reading Mistborn because of Writing Excuses, but the ending of book one is technically spoilered by Brandon himself in a few of the first podcasts...

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: December 05, 2008, 06:19:41 PM »
I'm sure it will be full of fun stuff. Although, I am not going to be able to hang out for too much longer. I do want to level, and I would like it to be in here, but I have stuff I need to do in the real world as well, and I will be gone for most of the day. At least that should give me some entertaining reading when I get home though. ;)

The reason I don't go is not because I accidentally stumble onto spoilers, but because I have no self control and want to know what happens NOW, even if I don't get the book for a while. So, I try to avoid the area to keep myself away from temptation. Although the art thread is wonderful. I always stop and peek at that, but I try to keep my eyes to the top two topics on the list in there, and not stray further down the page.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: December 05, 2008, 06:19:46 PM »
I don't have any problems with booze and dead things in it. My only problem is that most booze with dead things in it is tequila and I for one am not a fan. That's not to say I wont drink it, that's only saying I would prefer other alternatives. I would think that not drinking booze with dead things in it should be considered alcohol abuse. To me any booze is good booze in the end.

Plus booze in general often leads to things like trying to dodge pine trees while snowboarding naked.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 06:21:25 PM by AbominableMonsta »
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: December 05, 2008, 06:21:57 PM »
Mezcal is the official name for that particular Tequila, and I have never been aable to stomach it. Not because of the worm, but the quality. Give me a 5th of Don Julio and I am a happy man.

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #848 on: December 05, 2008, 06:23:13 PM »
I don't have any problems with booze and dead things in it. My only problem is that most booze with dead things in it is tequila and I for one am not a fan. That's not to say I wont drink it, that's only saying I would prefer other alternatives. I would think that not drinking booze with dead things in it should be considered alcohol abuse. To me any booze is good booze in the end.

Plus booze in general often leads to things like trying to dodge pine trees while snowboarding naked.

You make a valid point, Sir.  :D

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #849 on: December 05, 2008, 06:23:27 PM »
I feel really bad, because I started reading Mistborn because of Writing Excuses, but the ending of book one is technically spoilered by Brandon himself in a few of the first podcasts...

hehe, that's true! I'd forgotten about that :D rotten luck there Paper :(

WARNING:

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: December 05, 2008, 06:24:15 PM »
How about some good old Jameson Irish Wiskey. Now thats the one you want.

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #851 on: December 05, 2008, 06:25:27 PM »
OOOOoooo! I'm now doing something USEFUL and kind of FUN!

I'm now an Organist! Very neat!

I guess that means that I can make the soundtrack for our winter hijynx AND the upcoming battle.

*starts practicing the Lord of the Rings score*

WARNING:

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #852 on: December 05, 2008, 06:26:50 PM »
Well seeing as how my wounds we're treated with some weird unidentifiable alcohol, I think I may have grown fond of it. Now if I can just remember what it was...

OOOOoooo! I'm now doing something USEFUL and kind of FUN!

I'm now an Organist! Very neat!

I guess that means that I can make the soundtrack for our winter hijynx AND the upcoming battle.

*starts practicing the Lord of the Rings score*

Awesome! Can't have an epic adventure without a good musical score.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 05, 2008, 06:27:24 PM »

hehe, that's true! I'd forgotten about that :D rotten luck there Paper :(

It actually wasn't too horrible. But thank you for the thoughts. There was a lot of the ending that didn't get mentioned, and still only the first book so I technically don't know who the actual final villain is.

And congrats on the Organ. Now we get some tunes along with everything else. Sweet!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 05, 2008, 06:27:57 PM »
Very sweet there Loud. Organs are cool and ominous, would be a great addition to any military campaign.