Author Topic: Doctor Who Series 4 Spoilers  (Read 3683 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Doctor Who Series 4 Spoilers
« on: April 14, 2008, 11:50:46 PM »
So, the Doctor (David Tenant) has returned with Donna Noble the Runaway bride (Catherine Tate) from the Christmas Episode in 2006. So far only 2 episodes have been broadcast on BBC and Im watching it through the magic of bittorrent.

The first episode Partners in crime features a sleuthing Donna acting in much the same role as Sarah Jane Smith ferreting out a company that makes pills that melt away the fat. She and the Doctor are both sleuthing actually and somehow keep missing each other for most of the episode. Then when they finally meet theres a brilliant scene where the two of them are mouthing and gesturing at each other for 5 or six minutes through windows on either side of a room the bad guys are interrogating a reporter in. Five or six minutes! But the best part is when they suddenly realise that the bad guys have been watching them for about 4.

Its awesome...

Pretty much like this...
The Doctor: [mouthing from behind soundproof glass] Donna???
Donna: [also mouthing] Doctor!!!!
The Doctor: But...what? Wha... WHAT??!?
Donna: Oh! My! God!
The Doctor: But... how?
Donna: [pointing at self] It's me!
The Doctor: Well, I can see that!
Donna: oh this is brilliant!
The Doctor: But... what the hell are you doing there???
(Donna's just so thrilled, she waves! Big smile!)
The Doctor: But, but but, why, what, where, when?
Donna: You! I was looking for you!
The Doctor: What for?!
Donna: [miming in a surreal sense while the Doctor looks more and more confused] I, came here, trouble, read about it, internet, I thought, trouble = you! And this place is weird! Pills! So I hid. Back there. Crept along. Heard this lot. Looked. You! Cos they--
[On 'they', gestures and looks towards Miss Foster, who is staring at her. As are the guards. Penny too.]
Donna: [freezes] Oops.
Miss Foster: [out loud] Are we interrupting you?
The Doctor: [mouthing] Run![1]

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Who Series 4 Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 03:04:55 AM »
I really need to catch this. Sadly, I missed too much of the last season.

It always seem to come on at odd times, but mostly I just haven't bothered watching epsisodes over the internet yet.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 06:41:39 PM »
I didn't read a word because I'm waiting for it to come out on BBC America or SciFi (whichever comes first--I think it's BBC America), and it'll be starting sometime in the next few weeks. Lalala I can't hear you!
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 04:28:22 AM »
I did say spoilers....

Its so much easier catching the series over the internet with the BBC. They offer it free to britons that way via their web player (which doesnt work in the US) and many folks record it. Sadly Dr. Who will never be in HD because the director Russel T Davies feels all the sets will suffer because we can see how crappy they are.

Hello, did he see any Dr. Who prior to the year 2005?

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 04:25:38 PM »
I just started watching series 3 (got it from the library), and I have to ask, was the science on Doctor Who always this bad? Or am I just getting old?
If I had any clue, would I be here?

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 12:27:42 AM »
I don't think Dr. Who has ever tried to have good science. Maybe when it first started, but it's really a lot more fantasy than science fiction.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 12:23:36 AM »
never ever had good science. the 4th doctor stops the master once with a home made mobile. Its primary component is an apple on a fork. Seriously....

I think thats why I like the Doctor. Sci-fi ... its more a mix of bad horror and techno-babble but it definately fills its own niche.