Author Topic: Hope of Elantris: International Sales?  (Read 2670 times)

lizinthesky

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Hope of Elantris: International Sales?
« on: April 11, 2008, 05:51:46 PM »
Is it possible for someone in the UK to get a copy of Hope of Elantris? Amazon would not let me buy it due to 'geographical restrictions'.  I'd really like to read it!

Liz

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
Re: Hope of Elantris: International Sales?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 06:24:51 AM »
Use the american amazon, I had the same problem in canada, use the american amazon, and it doesn't matter because it's for download, so ya, just try that.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

lizinthesky

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 11:59:40 AM »
I did. The book isn't on the British Amazon. I think the US Amazon knows that my account is British (British address, credit card, etc). Is it available anywhere else?

Thanks

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 05:59:34 PM »
Ya, I had to make a US account, but the address doesn't matter, because it's just a download, and the credit card thing should work, mine did.  I dunno, just give it a try with a US address and you're credit card, I think that's what I did.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Ogge

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • ogrens website
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 01:25:00 PM »
Don't your countrys have other online bookstores then Amazon?

I find if very disturbing to read these  stories of people who can't order books/games and whatever...

I live in Sweden and I can place an order on Elantris in loads of diffrent onlinebookstores and have it shipped to me in 3-8  days (in english ofcourse) . If I can why can't you?

http://www.adlibris.se/searchresult.aspx?search=quickfirstpage&quickvalue=Elantris&title=Elantris&fromproduct=False

http://www.bokus.com/cgi-bin/book_search.cgi?rewrite=no&FAST_VALUE=GLOBAL&FAST=Elantris&PRODUCT_GROUP=B

Klick here if you want to order from your country http://www.bokus.com/se/help/index.shtml#in_eng

http://www.sfbok.se/asp/artikel.asp?VolumeID=51576

"Kneel or you will be knelt."

www.sveaulvar.com

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 06:19:40 PM »
Ogge, the original poster is talking about the tie-in short story "Hope of Elantris," which was released as an electronic Amazon Short on Amazon.com. It doesn't appear in the main Elantris book.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Ogge

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • ogrens website
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 07:37:08 AM »
Ogge, the original poster is talking about the tie-in short story "Hope of Elantris," which was released as an electronic Amazon Short on Amazon.com. It doesn't appear in the main Elantris book.

ah, that explains alot :P
"Kneel or you will be knelt."

www.sveaulvar.com

Eudaimoniac

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 09:30:10 PM »
I wrote in here that i could not purchase or order any of Brandons books. The reason is that all (or practically) bookstores get their books from the same place and Brandon has no contract/agreement with that place. First i thought that it was done through the publisher, but as far as i understand Brandon and David Farland share Tor as a publisher and i can get Davids books without any problems.

I can only deduct that the individual writers has to make an agreement with the place my bookstores uses to get their books through...