Author Topic: I want to work in Google Zurich  (Read 2750 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
I want to work in Google Zurich
« on: April 07, 2008, 12:35:07 AM »
http://swissmiss.typepad.com/weblog/files/Google_Office_Zurich.pdf
http://gizmodo.com/376603/googles-zurich-hq-office-fun-for-everyone-who-works-there-anyway

Thats obviously the coolest office ever... and not just because of the foosball, and pool or guitar hero breaks... theres a flipping slide down to the canteen!!! and a fire pole!!! and private ski chalet and cable car style meeting rooms!!!! Frankly the place is just an insanely awesome work environment that looks like it was designed by an 8 year old (which is awesome... remember when you used to draw your own secret forts complete with pools and secret tunnels and slides.

Sigh.

I have to go back to a cube farm tomorrow.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: I want to work in Google Zurich
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 01:23:55 AM »
Karen and I went to visit her brother at the main Google campus. That's a pretty fun place too. We ate some of their free food and stared at their spaceship.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 01:31:12 AM »
the same spaceship that Google will use exploit Google Mars.

Did you get to see their robot army?

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 02:40:17 AM »
Jeffe!!!!! Welcome back.  :D I heard there have been some positive changes in your life and I'm very happy for you.

Anyhow, those google people in Zurich have it waaaay too good. How do they every focus on work? You know, I saw this news segment on this workplace that encourages employees to bring their pets to work with them. Woof.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 03:35:44 AM »
indeed I am now unfettered as it were.

I suspect they get as much done at work as everyone else. After all the maxim of Office Space is true, 95 percent of work isn't really work. Realistically I get very little work done on any given day of the week. That isn't to say I am not busy, Im insanely busy at work, but its almost always busy with minutia that other people think is necessary work or even worse Im busy with invented work that exists just to keep me busy.

Bob Slydell: You see, what we're trying to do is get a feeling for how people spend their time at work so if you would, would you walk us through a typical day, for you?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah.
Bob Slydell: Great.
Peter Gibbons: Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh - after that I sorta space out for an hour.
Bob Porter: Da-uh? Space out?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

hoid354

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 02:20:23 AM »
Heh. Awesome movie. Anyway, if you want to work for Google, make sure you arent evil! Their corporate motto is "dont be evil"! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.