Author Topic: BSG Season 4 -Spoilerific!  (Read 9883 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: BSG Season 4 -Spoilerific!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 04:17:27 PM »
Baltar ROCKS! He's so crazy that who knows whats in his head. The Cylon crisis is sweet too. But the real star of the show was Starbuck who was utterly insane and awesome. BSG is all about the crazy this season.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 05:35:04 PM »
I'm actually surprised more people haven't gone crazy on the show. Considering the situation these characters are in, most people would have lost their minds from the stress a long time ago. Seriously, it's now been years that these characters have been daily struggling against dying from many, many sources.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 02:53:16 AM »
I think that no matter what happens to the colonials they'll become extinct anyway. I mean humanity is down to less than 400,000 people. How many of them can even breed, how long can the food last, how long can they keep building fighters. The Cylons stated that there are millions of humanoid cylons there aren't any stats on centurions and raiders, but it has to be huge. So humanity is doomed even if it wins.

sad. but awesome.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 03:35:57 AM »
The current population count of humanity is at 39,676. The human race isn't going to survive too long with those numbers. Season 1 started with 49,998. There was drop of over 6,000 in season 3. They could maybe recoup from that if humanity found a safe place to live and started having lots of children without a lot of genetic problems. They may have to resort to some genetic engineering.

Yup, humanity is doomed.

Mostly, I just see that there needs to be a lot more unity among the survivors to actually rebuild society. There is far too much insanity and rebellion (often Cylon assisted) going on for that to happen.

The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 09:33:32 PM »
yeah, i end up watching these episodes late because the Sci-Fi channel would cost us an extra $30 a month to get.  So, i just watched Ep2.  I find that this is becoming the Baltar Show..and im ok with that.  This last episode was more of a "new beginnings" episode.  Kara whines some more, then gets her way like usual.  its the same plot-line for her as before except now Adama is sending her "in secret" rather than the moron president.  Baltar seeing himself was freaking awesome. 

every interview i've read says that it gets really grim from now on.  from what i gather, people are gonna drop like flies.  I also wonder if there are any tells in that "Last Supper" poster they did. 

I think the Cylon Civil War is great.

As far as the civilization being doomed, who says they wont find more people on earth?  no one knows for certain what is in store for them on earth.  Since this "has all happened before," it stands to reason that this will just complete a cycle, and they will find earth and start anew.  Though, i have a feeling it will be a tad grimmer at the end.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 12:25:44 AM »
ahhhh but what if they find an earth full of pre-Cylons, and the humans were the ones driven off into space before, only to return in desperation after they created their own cylons.

My head is spinning.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 04:22:42 AM »
We all know that when they get to Earth it will be populated with sentient apes who use humans as slaves. Duh!

But right now I'm so sad that Cally died. Saw it coming, but it was still hard to watch.

Also, the civil war heating up between the cylons is crazy. The 1s are evil. Though I'm wondering if they just wiped out a bunch of the 6s, 8s and 2s.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2008, 03:36:08 AM »
Callys death was terrible. Tragic, pointless and horrible and it hammers home that the final 5 really aren't human. Also Foster is out of control and she has a hybrid. Starbuck is tying up a lot of good soldiers on her goosechase Gaida, Diana, Hero, Athena... and Anders!!

This episode resonated with me a lot and left me very sad.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2008, 03:38:15 PM »
once again, no Sci-Fi channel, saw the episode late.

I was actually kinda left feeling flat after this episode.  It felt like some of the middles episodes in S3.  The segment with Kara was dumb.  They put a half-dozen of the galactica's most important people on a ship with a person (Kara) who they aren't even really sure is a cylon or not.  Cally dieing was bound to happen.  In all, the whole episode felt disjointed/jarring - but not in a good way like the last episode of S3.

So yeah, pretty weak in my opinion.

Though, the civil war is cool so far.  Though that also felt...jumpy.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2008, 11:50:57 PM »
hmmm what if the centurions and raiders turn on the human cylons and they need the protection of the humans... that'd be an interesting twist.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2008, 04:13:21 AM »
So what was up with everyone seeing imaginary Head Six holding up Baltar without seeing Six? So Baltar is not halucinating Head Six, just no one else can see her?

So many questions.

And next week looks like Mutany on the Bounty, but in space.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008, 06:31:46 PM »
too sick to analyse now. :(

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2008, 09:24:23 PM »
sooooo, i fear the latest Kara arc is gonna end up like all the others.  No one believes her, she goes emo, she gets proven right, she goes emo anyway.  Rinse and repeat. 

Other than that, and killing off marine-captain-lady-who-i-dont-buy-for-a-moment, nothing really happened. 

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2008, 05:34:36 PM »
I think stuff is happening, at least on a building-up level. What happened in this last episode couldn't have happened if it weren't for the previous episode.

Also, maybe Kara is a cylon. I still think she isn't but maybe the writers are just preparing viewers to accept that she is. It's possible the writers don't intend for the final cylon to be a surprise.

Anyways, there was some great acting in this last episode. I knew that one officer was going to die once she said she was going to the base ship. I liked the Roselin in the hospital scenes and the theological discussion was well done for something that could have easily gone horribly wrong, but it works for the show.

Sadly, my roommate insisted on watching this episode with me. He hasn't watched the last 2 seasons and is a rather vocal person. He kept freaking out at all the stuff going which was just annoying. Yes, in most episodes of Battlestar Galatica someone is pointing a gun at someone else about every 5-10 minutes.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 12:31:40 AM »
Yeah... things happened. Last weeks episode led into the best and most tense episode of the year, one where the Humans and Cylons team up, Baltar starts showing up in Rosylns dreams, and humans have a shot at taking out the resurrection ship. Also Gaida is now christened stumpy mcstumperson.

WOW!