Author Topic: WOK: Observations from a second read-through (*Spoilers*)  (Read 7165 times)

Rew

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: WOK: Observations from a second read-through (*Spoilers*)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 12:50:50 AM »
By the info that is in the two visions of Dalinar with the Radiants, going off of colors of armor, etc, the female (amber/orange) is probably one of the Order of the Stonewards, while the other (blue) is a Windrunner. 

mirage

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 09:06:37 AM »
Add Elhokar to Soulcasters ;)

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 10:06:38 AM »
Brandon sez both Kaladin and Szeth are Windrunners. (interview with Tor.com)

Also, it was the male knight that fell out of the sky.

Their being windrunners was in dispute? What we were saying is that Windrunner might be a component magic for two of the Orders of the Knights Radiant, rather than an order itself. I recall Brandon previously saying that each order is composed of a union of two types of magic.

Add Elhokar to Soulcasters ;)

We know that Elhokar sees something that resembles Shallan's (truth)spren. This may imply they're in the same order of the Knights Radiant, or it may not. :) It could be possible to see these spren without being bonded to them by belonging to a different order, or even without being a Radiant. :)

Tortellini

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »

Their being windrunners was in dispute? What we were saying is that Windrunner might be a component magic for two of the Orders of the Knights Radiant, rather than an order itself. I recall Brandon previously saying that each order is composed of a union of two types of magic.

Yes, but we do know that Windrunners is an order, not a power. The powers for windrunners are gravity and pressure. Can't be bothered to look up the sources, try the wiki  8)

andygal

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 09:15:14 AM »

Yes, but we do know that Windrunners is an order, not a power. The powers for windrunners are gravity and pressure. Can't be bothered to look up the sources, try the wiki  8)

It's in the interview over at Stormblessed.com i believe.

Meanas

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 08:27:07 AM »
The other set of ten types of magic was mentioned as Voidbringing wasn't it? Or was it to do with the old magic?
I would love to see more of that (Voidbringing)

Black rents opening in the middle of a feast, sucking everything into them.

Ha. Haha.
"The darkness becomes a palace. Let it rule! Let it rule!"
- Kakevah 1173, 22 seconds pre-death
A darkeyed Selay man of unknown profession.

Tortellini

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 09:05:28 AM »
The other set of ten types of magic was mentioned as Voidbringing wasn't it? Or was it to do with the old magic?
I would love to see more of that (Voidbringing)

Voidbinding, actually. There are voidbringers, no one knows who they are, but possibly, they voidbind  ::)  I am not sure this has confirmed to be the "other" 10 sets of powers, but it seems fitting to many.

Interesting thing about Elhokar's "truth"-spren? What if these are actually driving him to become a voidbringer (some people think there's the opposite to the 10 Radiant orders, and these are the voidbringers, so "evil radiants" for lack of a better term). So Elhokar could be "rejecting truth" - he is extremely paranoid - and thus become a bad guy, his glory-focus being a diversion. That means that fulfilling an ideal can make you a radiant, or rejecting an ideal makes you the corresponding voidbringer. It's all a bit too "good v. evil" and Brandon's stories are usually more complex than that, though.