Author Topic: The Wheel of Time: the things unfinished...  (Read 6654 times)

Ararana

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Wheel of Time: the things unfinished...
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2008, 04:05:38 PM »
I'm telling you guys....

Okay lets assume Mat and Co. are successful in freeing Moraine. Well we all know the first thing she's going to do, head in whatever direction Rand is...

...and run strait into Cadsuane!

I'm telling you! Best confrontation ever!

Other than that I'm really interested to see if captivity has changed Faile at all, considering Perrin and Faile are by far my favorites.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 04:19:16 PM by Ararana »

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2008, 07:10:14 PM »
Hee hee... that is so beyond something I want to see!!!  Expeically since Moraine will kick butt, and Rand trusts her more than any other.  (And I like her more than any of the others.  She's annoying like them, but we've seen she really does have a soft/nice side.)
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 05:28:06 PM »
I agree.  Rand taught Moiraine some humility, which all Aes Sedai sorely lack.  One small thing I want to see is whether or not Gawyn kill Egwene.  Min sees both possibilities when she views Gawyn.  I bet it would shock a lot of people if Gawyn kills her, especially if it is while he is trying to kill Rand.  It's a little bit cliche, but you can't write everything new, right?
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Beezle72

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2008, 06:45:47 PM »
Well Minn did have a viewing about Rand being 2 people yet the same person and one of them would die and that Alivia would help him die.( Lews Therin will die and Rand will be reborn)

Min's viewing of Cadsuane was that Cadsuane would teach Rand and the Asha'man something they needed but would not like.

Viewing of Berelain was that she would fall for someone all in white.

Elayne will have twins of rands children while Aviendha have 4 of his at once all healthy tho Min saw something odd about that .

Logian will have glory tho I think it might be in the form off him becoming the male equal to the Amyrlin Seat. Also he will probably be the one to kill Taim and  which will help him bring the black tower under his control

Mat and thom will rescue Moraine at the Tower of Ghenjei with the third person being Noal. Noal I believe is actually Jain Farstrider who has had his own dealings with the Aelfinn and Eelfinn and has been to the tower. Lanfear did die in that tower and became Cyndane tho losing some of her power .

I really hope that I don't see Tarmon Giadon end and then the book in 2 pages later hate it when nothing gets wrapped up or you never see the after effects of the story

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 08:36:47 PM »
I agree.  It's just like the Lord of the Rings.  Killing Sauron was not the end.  I actually loved the fact that the Hobbits had to save their own land after helping to save the rest of the world.  Tarmon Gai'don should happen around two-thirds of the way through the book, so there is time to finish the story.

I forgot about Min viewing of Berelein.  That must mean she falls for Galad.

My theory about the quads is that only two of them will be Rands. Now, whether or not the other two are Lews Therin's or Moridin's, that I can't speculate on.

I think Cadsuane already fulfilled that prophecy when she told Rand that Callandor was flawed, and could not be controlled unless used by a woman through a link, as the link prevents overdrawing of the power.  Quite an ironic twist.  I am more curious as to why Cadsuane knows this.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Seradan

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 04:13:36 AM »
I've always had the nightmare that Egwene had in the Ter'angreal during her raising stuck in my mind. As an Amyrlin who has never sworn the oaths now in the clutches of Elaida and her flock, I would really love to see if this was a ter'angreal induced Dreaming, or just some weirdness...

There is more, of course, that I'd like to see resolved, but I'd be content with this and Asmodean explained ;)

Ararana

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 04:02:29 PM »
I'm pretty sure the thing Cadusane is suppose to teach Rand is how to laugh again. The viewing Min had said Cadsuane had to teach both Rand and the Ashaman, and considering the fact that Cadsuane is already dead set on teaching him to laugh again without even knowing the prophesy. Coincidence?

I think she know the black tower will never be able to merge with the white in there current state, Rand and Taim taught them to be emotionless stones, 'weapons' they say in the books.

lizinthesky

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 06:11:53 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2204133522

This is a facebook group for the Wheel of Time, and a fair bit of discussion/theorising/wondering etc goes on, including a couple of  threads from a while back discussing what we have left to find out: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2204133522&topic=3136
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2204133522&topic=2999

Liz
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 06:14:05 PM by lizinthesky »

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 09:07:43 PM »
I was thinking about it and remembered something else that we haven't seen yet.  Min told Perrin/Rand that Perrin had to stick near him to save his life twice, or else there would be death.  (I don't remember if it was both or just Rand who would die.)  I don't think those have happened yet.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Random9qz

• Level 1
  • The Random One
    • View Profile
Nobody's mentioned this one...
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 03:18:26 AM »
One thing I'd really like resolved is the "Did Verin lie?" question.  Seeing as how she said she was sent to Rand by Moiraine in The Great Hunt, yet Moiraine denied it.  Also the question of whether Aes Sedai can write lies, seeing as how Moiraine's only confirmation as to that they can not was a nod, which is not, technically, speaking a lie...

I'm always poking around the Aes Sedai and lying bits, hope these get explained.  Although there are more interesting and important things  :(
--  "What do you get if you multiply six by nine?"

--  "...Forty-two."