Author Topic: Vin's Heroic Exploit(ed)s ***SPOILERS***  (Read 1916 times)

darxbane

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Vin's Heroic Exploit(ed)s ***SPOILERS***
« on: March 13, 2008, 09:14:01 PM »
By request, I am starting this thread about Vin's uncanny way of discovering just the right thing to do at just the right time, and how amazingly similar her personality and accomplishments are beginning to mirror Alendi?  She is an awesome character, but I just get this Goblet of Fire vibe sometimes.  Everything that has been done thus far has lead her right to the Well.  Could it be possible that she is getting little hints from somewhere?  Maybe something whispering to her occaisionally, through a little piece of metal in her ear?  After all, you have to make sure the "Hero" of your false prophecy completes her quest, right?  Just to be clear, this is not meant to slam Vin's abilities.  She will obviously do some fantastic stuff in book 3.  I am just trying to guage how diabolical Ruin's plot has been.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 09:37:24 PM by darxbane »
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Shost

• Level 4
    • View Profile
Re: Vin's Heroic Exploit(ed)s ***SPOILERS***
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 12:07:11 AM »
ok so as i've mentioned before i think its possible that the voice of Reen she hears in her head which is kind of like her conscience but it could also be Ruin. i mean if Zane can think Ruin's voice is God then Vin could think her subconciouss speaking to her is Reen when it's really Ruin. but either way i don't think Ruin is giving Vin little hints. after all, he needs her to survive releasing him from the well but he'd hate to have her knowing a bunch of tricks to maybe defeat him...

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 04:51:56 PM »
It's possible, but it's also possible she just figured things out on her own. She was only able to defeat the Lord Ruler by drawing on the mists, without the earring in her ear. She could have easily died; there was no voice telling her what she needed to do leading up to that moment.
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 08:06:17 PM »
I don't see it as a voice in her head, per se.  I think Reen's voice really was her own mind, as it's messages change as she changes.  I don't think anything she has learned thus far will help her defeat Ruin.  She really has her work cut out for her, now.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.