Author Topic: WOW!  (Read 1906 times)

Nervegas

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
WOW!
« on: March 19, 2008, 10:28:23 PM »
Thats the word I've used to describe my feelings towards Brandon's books. I had honestly never heard of BS until i signed up for TOR's free e-book giveaway. The very first one was MB1. After reading the first chapter I was hooked. I finished MB1 and immediately began researching to find the second book and third book, under the assumption this was an older author, and to my surprise and utter delight, I discovered he is in fact a younger writer with many more stories to come. I have since purchased MB2 and Elantris(and finished in under 3 days) and eagerly await the arrival of the third book: HotA. I just wanted to say Thank You Brandon, I've always been a fan of fantasy novels, but when they became too repetitive I had a falling out and set about doing other things, but I can honestly say that your novels have rekindled my interest in reading (college and working full-time had taken over that part of my life) and I was glad to hear you are finishing the WoT series. All I can say is, keep writing, PLEASE, you have a rare gift and it would be a shame to waste it.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: WOW!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 12:00:25 AM »
Tor's experiment worked. ;)

Welcome! Brandon's got a TON of more books in his head, and he's a fast and dedicated writer, so you can look forward to creative, entertaining reads for decades to come.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 02:18:39 AM »
If only I had some of that dedication, I've been on chapter 2 of a project of mine for months :P
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Nervegas

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 04:20:55 AM »
I write short stories sporadically. But I am working on a Mystery/Arson Investigation series based on my experiences as a Firefighter. I'm using the calls we go on as source material (names and locations and some details changed of course, HIPPA and all). But I thoroughly enjoy writing fiction, I just don't have a lot of time to dedicate at the moment with school, doing graphic design and fighting fires. My hope is to cut back to just Firefighting after college and have time off to write more in depth.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 04:42:39 AM by Nervegas »

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 03:38:20 PM »
I know what you mean.  Have you read Warbreaker yet?  I bet you haven't read a fantasy author who let's you have input on a story he is still writing!  I have read it twice now, and the story's evolution and refinement are fun to watch.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 09:09:27 PM »
I  think I'll wait for the published version to read warbreaker, or at least until I'm done Msitborn, three, I don't like reading a lot on the computer, I'd have to print it out.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier