Author Topic: The Comprehensive Hemalurgy Thread  (Read 100421 times)

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
Re: The Comprehensive Hemalurgy Thread
« Reply #390 on: July 17, 2008, 08:46:48 PM »
Also true, we know the inquisitors are violent, and methinks have your rib cage torn apart would look differently then having a spike punched through? No?
And Vin's sister was younger, she was a baby.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

SarahG

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 17, 2008, 08:53:01 PM »
Also true, we know the inquisitors are violent, and methinks have your rib cage torn apart would look differently then having a spike punched through? No?

Yes, but I was thinking maybe they extract the organs (heart from one, eyes from another) and bring them somewhere else to perform the ceremony.  Clearly, it would either be a different type of ceremony or a different part of the ceremony than the part we saw in the MB3 prologue.
He ate my horse.

Qarlin

• Level 8
  • The idiotic cock-eyed flum-dummery!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 17, 2008, 09:31:55 PM »
Well, we don't know if her sister was a misting, so since her mom was a prostitute, it's possible that her sister wasn't at all, meaning that Hemalurgy doesn't require mistings, so Inquisitors may not require them either. As a thought.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 17, 2008, 10:21:34 PM »
How do we know Vin's sister was not from the same father of Vin?
And why didn't Tevidan kill her?  Why did he let Vin's mother live, what hold did she have over him.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 17, 2008, 11:01:45 PM »
i don't think she had any kind of hold on him, he was just careless. Or if she actually was a hemalurgist as some suggest she may have escaped the men he sent to kill her.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 17, 2008, 11:06:00 PM »
How do we know Vin's sister was not from the same father of Vin?
We don't know.  She could have been from the same father.  Reen, however, had a different father, since he was her half-brother.

And why didn't Tevidan kill her?  Why did he let Vin's mother live, what hold did she have over him.
Excellent question.  Love?  Not likely, he was a pretty cold guy, although it's possible that in the past he had more of a heart.  Lust?  Perhaps, although I would think she'd have to be pretty special if he preferred her favors over all the other prostitutes enough to risk his life to keep her alive.

Maybe she was simply able to escape him somehow, hide from him (with her daughters).  He wouldn't have wanted to get help from very many of the fellow obligators or Inquisitors, at least not once he'd already failed to prevent her from bearing his daughter(s).

Maybe he just didn't believe very strongly in TLR's restrictions on breeding.  Maybe he was just careless, didn't realize he had impregnated her, and didn't want to go to the bother of tracking her down to have her killed.
He ate my horse.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 17, 2008, 11:28:51 PM »
Well, we know he didn't know about his daughters (and I looked it up, Vin says it was her half sister), because he is surprised to see Vin, and I thought Vin says  that her father never knew.
As for why her mother got away, I don't think carelessness was it, Tevidan was the Lord Prelan, and you don't get to his position by being careless methinks.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Qarlin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 18, 2008, 02:37:17 AM »
Perhaps it was a setup.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 18, 2008, 05:50:43 AM »
Maybe the mother was working with the inquisitors from the get go, and that's why she had hemalurgy, so the could keep tabs on her or whatever, and the Inquisitors set it up so that she would have kids, then wait for the appropriate time, and spring Vin on the lord ruler, and get him sacked, only Reen messed up their plans by taking Vin and running
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

JCHancey

• Level 8
  • Formerly known as Jakobus
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 18, 2008, 07:02:32 AM »
Did Ruin control the Inquisitors, or did they just hate TLR?
RJF: "I spit upon the ground where you no longer ever existed."

Qarlin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 18, 2008, 08:17:41 PM »
I don't think they hated LTR; they seemed to recognize his power. Also, Ruin wasn't in control of them, or Marsh would have noticed it earlier, I think.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 18, 2008, 10:05:33 PM »
Indeed, they love and revere the Lord Ruler (or perhaps the perservation he stands for), But it appears when Ruin is freed and he becomes more powerful, the inquisitors answer to him, and lose thier free will in the process.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Qarlin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 18, 2008, 10:43:40 PM »
And that makes me wonder if any of the other Inquisitors are fighting to break free.

JCHancey

• Level 8
  • Formerly known as Jakobus
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 19, 2008, 07:58:06 AM »
And that makes me wonder if any of the other Inquisitors are fighting to break free.

Marsh is!! Or was... Won't know for sure until HoA...
As for Vin's mom working with the Inquisitors I don't know it just seems like it wouldn't be. Also I still don't believe they need misting sacrifices, and if that scene with Ulef is what happens then we know they don't.  I think that they used the hemalurgic process to torture the Terrisman... Wait. Doesn't it say somewhere that when Inquisitors feel emotion they feel pain? Maybe that's a part in creating an Inquisitor, causing a certain pain and linking it with a certain emotion. I seem to recall that different emotions cause a different pain, but I could just be tired.
RJF: "I spit upon the ground where you no longer ever existed."

Qarlin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 19, 2008, 09:19:47 AM »
I know Marsh is, that's why I asked about the other inquisitors.  :P

And the spikes do throb, and it changes with their emotions, and it is a painful throb. Marsh mentions it at the end of Final Empire (pg 532)