Author Topic: I'm not ignoring you...  (Read 2898 times)

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
I'm not ignoring you...
« on: March 04, 2008, 02:42:59 AM »
Just wanted to give a thankful post to all of you who are discussing the various interplays of the magic and setting in the Mistborn books.  I work quite hard on the magic and related cosmology in my books, and it's gratifying to find these issues drawing attention and interest from readers.

I did want to make a note that I intentionally restrain myself from posting on those threads.  I'm not ignoring you, and I'm interested in what you have to say, but at this point I feel that author intervention would be inappropriate to the discussion.  Because of this, I may occasionally miss questions or comments on threads that really do require my attention.  (Like the Interested in Publication thread that was posted a while back.)

If you've got questions or posts that you think need my direct attention, feel free to make note of that in the subject of the thread. 
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Plasman

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: I'm not ignoring you...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 07:17:05 AM »
yeah i kind of figured as much.  good to know for sure though.
my one question is when are we going to hear more about Dragonsteel?  I read the little rough draft excerpt you put up on here and was extremely interested.  can't wait to read the actual book.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

darxbane

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 03:29:42 PM »
No worries!  Part of the fun is seeing if any your theories are true once the book comes out.  That being said, an occaisional RAFO or  "EUOL Find Out!"  would be cool, just to let us know you're out there.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 08:11:34 PM »
It would be sweet though if, when the third book is done, you talked over some of the theories and such with us.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 02:51:29 AM »
I'm just comforted that you take time to work out the magic and it isn't just waiting at your finger tips.... I was getting a little worried. ;)

Your magic systems are worth sticking around in the fantasy genre for. I was starting to get sick of the 'usual' stuff when I ran across Elantris.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 09:43:50 PM »
Definately, Elantris and Mistborn are Prime example of the "new" fantasy that could happen a lot more  if people strayed away from the standard Tolkien variety.  (Not to say I don't like Tolkien, just he set the standard for many fantsy books to come after him, and too many fantsy books these days are just tolkien copies.)
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier