3 (8.8%)
smoker
0 (0%)
tineye
2 (5.9%)
thug
10 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Poll Time!  (Read 6707 times)

Survivors Apostale

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Poll Time!
« on: February 13, 2008, 02:54:44 AM »
Poll Time, since we don't have any actual poll postings we'll have to do this the old fashion way. What would be your type of misting (i.e. lurcher, soother, rioter, coinshot, seeker, cloaker, tineye, and no mistborn)?

I would have to go with a Coinshot or atium burner (Seerer?).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 03:10:48 AM by Spriggan »

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
Re: Poll Time!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 05:40:47 AM »
No option for thug?

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 05:51:25 AM »
Cloaker should be Smoker.... And Rioter is missing the "r" on the end.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

StrykerJ

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 12:39:10 PM »
Soother seems like the coolest option, but that may just be because the most interesting misting we've seen in the series happened to be a soother.  :)

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 03:42:09 PM »
At first I thought maybe a lurcher or coinshot because it's always been a fantasy of mine to have telekinetic powers and those two would be the closest. Although, in the end I have to go with being a thug. Their ability to heal rapidly and their outright resistance to damage is just to much to pass up.
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 04:39:16 PM »
Soother. As a mother, it would sure come in handy with my kids....
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

White

• Level 5
  • (is largely not of this world)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 05:05:08 PM »
Seeker. I don't know if this comes from the same pleasure of smooshing sand castles but it would be soooooo cool to spy on people and work out who was using allomancy. I mean, maybe I'm evil or whatever, but I guess I'm also physically lazy becasue it's the type of job you can do while sipping latte's. (and you could probably always figure out who was trying to use theirs to cheat at cards - I'm sure there are ways....)

Second choice would be tineye for similar reasons and for greater convenience of being able to find things I'm looking for better.

Plus with both of those options you would, if in a mistings group, be in a position of spying and commanding thugs and whatnot to run about at one's one behest. (Or so I so ardently hope - that, and that any underlings would be cute  :-* . I mean, wouldn't want to be a tin-eye if it just gave me a whole lot better view of UG-Leeee.)  ;)

[edit: oops, I typed "underlings" as "undelings" not my most shining moment, there's probably some other typos in there but hopefully none that will score a mcoking.]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 05:27:18 PM by White »
Clyde Bruckman: You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than auto-erotic asphyxiation.
Mulder: Why are you telling *me* that?
Clyde Bruckman: Look, forget I mentioned it. It's none of my business.

VegasDev

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 05:37:33 PM »
I would have to be a thug. It is the one metal that gives you the most benefits. It's like carrying a sword that was +10 to Dexterity, Agility, Stamina and Speed, with Health regeneration in addition. The ONLY thing that could make this sword better is if it had charges of Mordenkainen's Faithful Watchdog.

When I can have all this, why would I want to exchange it for one with only +10 to Charisma or Intelligence?
Now you've got all the ones with beards on one side and all the
moustaches on the other.

White

• Level 5
  • (is largely not of this world)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 05:44:34 PM »
I would have to be a thug. It is the one metal that gives you the most benefits. It's like carrying a sword that was +10 to Dexterity, Agility, Stamina and Speed, with Health regeneration in addition. The ONLY thing that could make this sword better is if it had charges of Mordenkainen's Faithful Watchdog.

When I can have all this, why would I want to exchange it for one with only +10 to Charisma or Intelligence?

but.. but... the latte's!  :'( Clearly you're forgetting how good coffee is and how much more of it you could drink without spilling if you had a less physically exerting ability.  :o

Plus, remember, you could always falsely accuse people of being mistings and have them (uh... burned as witches?) if you didn't like them of if they had; say, somewhat irked you in the spilling of the coffee.  :D

I mean, if you were the only seeker round you could slip a few past people perhaps.
You know, have the occasional, wonderous "HE DID IT~!~!~!" moments.
Clyde Bruckman: You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than auto-erotic asphyxiation.
Mulder: Why are you telling *me* that?
Clyde Bruckman: Look, forget I mentioned it. It's none of my business.

laddr

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 07:50:18 PM »
This is a tough one, but I agree that it is a tossup between Soother/Rioter and thug. Thug is best if you want to go around flaunting your power, etc. But Soother is best in everyday applications. In many regards I think you can use Soother in just about every encounter every day therefore I think that is the better overall power...

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 09:03:27 PM »
If I choose what I wanted to be, I'd have to agree that Thug has the most benefits.

However, since those in the series seem to be a misting that in some way enhances what traits they already have (Or visa versa, guess it could be a chicken/egg thing) if I had to choose that way, I think a rioter or tineye would fit.

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 09:06:56 PM »
I'd definitely be a Tineye. Enhanced senses... way cool. I agree that being a Thug probably has the most benefits, but only if you get in fights a lot.  ;D
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Azhev

• Level 5
  • Wanderer of my own little world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 09:12:46 PM »
So no one wants to be a smoker or rioter, huh?  Poor, misunderstood mistings.

I think being a Seeker would be cool, knowing who was burning or not, what they were burning, etc.  I like that idea!
"The ending of a book is, in my experience, both the best and the worst part to read.  For the ending will often decide whethet you love or hate the book."

-Alcatraz Smedry, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians, p262

Craysh

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 09:37:51 PM »
So no one wants to be a smoker or rioter, huh?  Poor, misunderstood mistings.

I think being a Seeker would be cool, knowing who was burning or not, what they were burning, etc.  I like that idea!
I'd agree except a smoker could kill your abilities unless you were exceptionally strong, or your target was stupid enough to work without a smoker.
I chose thug because while I'd rather be a coinshot, I probably fit the thug lifestyle more :p

Survivors Apostale

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 10:07:27 PM »
I knew cloaker wasn't right, but I was to lazy to go and look in my book. If where going with one of the eight basic metals then I'd have to go with coinshot, not only for the cool artilery effect, but in an emergancy I think I could get out of a situation pretty fast. Besides, Mistborn usually only use steel to fly around anyways, just burning iron when they have to redirect, and pewter if they mess up. If you only had the abiility to burn steel then you would learn quiet fast how to be good with just it. If anything, your like a portable elevater. Also if where going off of physical attributes, then I would still have to say Coinshot, for the same reason I would say tineye. I'm not a natural brawler, and perfer the entracit, and brain teasing trajectories of the coinshot to the brute force of a pewterarm.

No one wanted to go outside the realm of the eight basic metals? If you did what could/ would you choose? I know it's not cannon, but I'm sure we will have a few gold and atium mistings before the end.

And of Course if I could choose beyond the eight basics I would choose atium, and then learn how to be a really good knife fighter  ;D.