Departments > Books

Children's Books Recommendations

<< < (3/8) > >>

stacer:
Oh, ANYTHING by Lane Smith and/or John Scieczka is hilarious. Must-reads: The Happy Hockey Family, The Happy Hockey Family Goes to the Country, The Stinky Cheese Man, The Absolutely True Story of the Three Little Pigs by A. Wolfe, and a whoooole bunch of others. John Scieczka is touring right now for a truck book he just released with several other authors, aimed at boys obviously. I haven't seen the book but I'm sure it's great. He's the Ambassador of Children's Literature right now.

readerMom:
My daughter just came home with a hilarious children's book called Bad Kitty.  I know it is good when I enjoy reading it as much as the kids do.  There is also an old Golden Book called the Monster at the End of This Book that we really enjoy.

Azhev:

--- Quote from: readerMom on March 03, 2008, 07:07:33 PM ---There is also an old Golden Book called the Monster at the End of This Book that we really enjoy.

--- End quote ---

Ah...good old Grover.  Can't beat that at all.  Much better than the disappointing sequel There's Another Monster and the End of This Book.  That darn Elmo.  >:(

Comatose:
Everything on a Waffle by Polly Horvath is amazing, it's a kids book, I'd say grade four and up, but I read it in grade nine, and I still love it, it's amazing, i'd even give it a read through yourself while you're at it.

flex:
My twin Boy's love Scruffy the Tug Boat, Hop on Pop and of course anything remotely involving Thomas or even just Trains in General. I must say though that for the fathers out there, be careful with Hop on Pop as my boy's are 1.5 years old and started attempting to "Hop on Pop" at any and every given opportunity. Some very unpleasant moments have happened immediately following a reading of Hop on Pop.... Reader-Beware!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version