Author Topic: Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule to Become ABC TV Series  (Read 3931 times)

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule to Become ABC TV Series
« on: January 29, 2008, 03:14:02 PM »
The title says it all. I know there are quite a few Goodkind haters on the site, and he's not my favoritest author in the world, but Sam Raimi's executive producing . . . Does this have a chance of being good? I'm not sure.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i062b16e707aa9991beca376ab4ce2189

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Goodkind's Wizard's First Rule to Become ABC TV Series
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 04:03:14 PM »
Only if he puts Bruce Campbell in as a lead.

Yes... I can see him, riding his horse Comet, attacking confessors with the chainsaw of truth on the end of his handless arm, splitting in half and fighting himself to prove that he's invulnerable to the confessor effects....

or perhaps I'm conflating something there.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 07:03:06 PM »
Wizard's First rule is a really good book, I don't think any of the others could be made into TV though (the whole second book would have to be edited down to like 10 pages to get past standards, and the other books are just pholosphy).
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Lightningfall

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 03:19:27 AM »
Well, this is new.  The last I'd heard was that it was going to be on HBO so that they wouldn't have to edit the story as much.  That was, of course, only rumor, nothing official.  This is the first I've heard about it since Raimi and Goodkind got together over a year ago.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 06:57:34 PM »
This is awesome, it's not just Raimi doing this he's teaming up with the old Hercules and Xena team for writing and producing.
http://icv2.com/articles/home/12001.html

According to that article, and is in the original one too, it's a syndicated TV show meaning any network can carry it.  ABC is just the production company.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 06:24:48 AM »
Well, this makes me both happy and sad. Happy, because I am a big Goodkind fan and have enjoyed his Sword of Truth series. (Although I haven't finished it yet.) Sad, because it most likely won't be on HBO and won't be as high caliber as I might hope. Sprig, this line: "Janice Marinelli, president of Disney-ABC Domestic TV, said "Wizard's" will be a "network-quality show..." says it all that it won't be on HBO. But it could very well fall onto Sci-fi or USA or some other big network.

Now, as for Raimi working on this, that's cool. I liked his Xena and Hercules shows. I hope he somehow gets Kevin Sorbo to be in this somehow. I'd totally make out with Sorbo if I were into men. My only problem with this is the fact that it might turn campy. SoT is anything but camp, so we'll see how this turns out.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 07:56:42 PM »
I don't see why people keep misundertanding this.

It's a syndicated show like startreck, Xena and many others, anyone who pays can run it but yes it's not an HBO show because it has to conform to FCC standards.

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 11:06:15 PM »
Maybe if it does well, they'll transition to HBO for the second book. Or Skinamax.

Azhev

• Level 5
  • Wanderer of my own little world
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 05:53:27 PM »
Hrmph!!  They should do Terry Prachett and not Terry Goodkind.  I would love a Discworld t.v. series!!!!  ;D
"The ending of a book is, in my experience, both the best and the worst part to read.  For the ending will often decide whethet you love or hate the book."

-Alcatraz Smedry, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians, p262

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 08:39:19 PM »
Hrmph!!  They should do Terry Prachett and not Terry Goodkind.  I would love a Discworld t.v. series!!!!  ;D

Indeed! The Hogfather was done excellently and I wish they would produce more of his books!
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

kaiyatomiko

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 08:08:34 PM »

His books are absolutely fantastic, really funny and plots that really hold the reader til the last page. I'm surprised they've not made any of his books into series, I'm sure they'd be really popular.
I'd love to see the book 'Going Postal' as a film.