Author Topic: Atium question  (Read 4208 times)

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Atium question
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 08:30:22 PM »
But, also having read MB3, I dare say that the conclusion to the Mistborn series will be much, much better that the final book of HP. So well worth the wait. :)

Sorry that this seems to have come off as gloating, EUOL. <feels embarrassed>  :-[ I was actually just voicing my opinion that I felt MB had a more satisfying and well-paced conclusion than HP did. So my comment was more just a complimentary one, not meant to gloat or taunt, just add to the buzz for when the book come out, is all. My apologies for seeming otherwise.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 09:03:51 PM by Shrain »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 09:06:30 PM »
It comforts me to know there is a select group that feels the ending gets pulled off well. I loathe books that fall short in the final stretch.

skibocastle

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 02:44:49 AM »
To go back to the original topic, I am in the middle of MB2, and have the same question.  It makes logical sense that if there are mistings who can burn only one of the other metals, then there would be mistings who can burn only atium.

As for HP7, I enjoyed it.  It wasn't wrapped up as tight as some of the earlier books, but it was still a good story.

Survivors Apostale

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 12:52:32 AM »
Yes, I agree, it is said by keslier in the first mistborn book that mistings are allomanciers that can only burn one of the eight basic metals, but he never goes on to elaberate on the others. I had an actual short story on a mistings who could burn atium, and it turned out to be rather fun to RP with, because not only did he see into the future a little bit but at a very slow burn it helped him become some what of a genius, as atium naterually increase the brains ability to intakce information.

I myself am curious, and would hope that it is true. In fact (SPOILER FOR WELL OF ACENSION AHEAD) up to the very last page of MB2 I thought for sure Elend would be one of the lucky few mistings that could burn atium, but was never discovered because atium was so rare it never would have acidently shown up in his stomach some how.

Few, I'm ranting, any who, back to the subject matter. I am pretty intrested in what others thought on this, though it seem that fellow forum members got sidetracked with the HP7 descusion.