Author Topic: Heath Ledger's Last Role: The Joker  (Read 2684 times)

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
Heath Ledger's Last Role: The Joker
« on: January 23, 2008, 05:04:58 AM »
So, while watching the news tonight, I hear that Heath Ledger, 28, was wheeled off to the morgue!! They say drugs are probably to blame. Or pneumonia. Maybe both. So now his last role is the Joker. Now, I have to say that I wasn't thrilled w/ the Brokeback Mountain fame Ledger received. But, I've been a fan of some of his other movies.

Batman's one of my favorite super heroes. When I saw the trailer for Dark Knight, I had no clue that it was Ledger behind the Joker's makeup. Not sure yet if that's a good thing. One thing I do know:   I really hope Ledger's Joker is killer.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/22/heath.ledger.dead/index.html
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 05:08:37 AM by Shrain »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Azhev

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Wanderer of my own little world
    • View Profile
Re: Heath Ledger's Last Role: The Joker
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 05:10:55 AM »
Yeah I saw this posted on another board I visit.  It's going to make watching The Dark Knight that much harder.
"The ending of a book is, in my experience, both the best and the worst part to read.  For the ending will often decide whethet you love or hate the book."

-Alcatraz Smedry, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians, p262

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 02:47:51 PM »
It's always sad when someone dies so suddenly. I don't know why he died but he was my age and that is shocking. It made me feel sad, not enough to cry...mind you, but sad that people die so young and so suddenly. 'Course my husband did just walk in and say 'Heath Ledger died.' like no building up to it or anything and that wasn't something I had been waiting for so maybe that had an affect on it. Who know.
I didn't know he was the joker, interesting.

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 06:14:42 PM »
I agree it is extremely sad. Not only was he 28 but he also had a two year old daughter. A down right shame if you ask me. I really did like him as an actor. Although, I am sure the ones who loved him for who he was and what he was will take this far harder than anyone who will post here...
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 06:29:51 PM »
Yeah, I feel the worst for his daughter who is now fatherless and will probably never even remember what he was like. As popular as he was as an actor, being a father is far more important, imo.

Anyhow, from the news today, it looks as though the autopsy was inconclusive. Several sources quote Ledger saying that he's had a tough time sleeping during the past two movies he's shot. And there were sleeping pills in the room where he was found. My guess is that he overestimated how many were safe, like so many other celebs. I wonder why he was having such a tough time sleeping. I know what insomnia is like though. I battle it pretty much every night, no matter how exhausted I feel. I never take more than one sleeping pill though. that's my rule.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 10:11:30 PM »
Yeah, I think this is really sad as well. I really liked a lot of Heath's movies including 10 Thing I Hate About You (one of my all time favorite teen movies) and A Knight's Tale. His smile is so contagious. I really hope this was an accident and he wasn't committing suicide. It makes it less sad than if he just didn't want to live anymore. I can't imagine only getting about 2 hours of sleep at night. I would be pretty desperate for sleep if I was in that situation. It's really sad about his daughter, too--to lose a parent would be hard. Even at my age, I would be so sad to lose a parent, even though I'm an adult living away from home.

Azhev

• Level 5
  • Wanderer of my own little world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 11:55:12 PM »
I read THIS the other day.  I'm shamed to admit that I am from the same state this group is based from.  I really dislike people and groups like this.   >:(

What's the point?  Why can't they let living bury their dead and mourn in peace?
"The ending of a book is, in my experience, both the best and the worst part to read.  For the ending will often decide whethet you love or hate the book."

-Alcatraz Smedry, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians, p262

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 02:42:31 PM »
honestly, while I find that group repugnant, and as much as I agree with the opinion, I think I'm more irritated by the "news" outlet calling them a "radical church." It is not for a supposedly unbiased information source to decide what is radical or not. True, no news source is, nor am I holding any other news outlet as more objective, but it's my feeling that a news outlet should at least TRY to be unbiased.