Author Topic: I feel like a massive tool because...  (Read 6704 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: I feel like a massive tool because...
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 02:32:53 PM »
well, before rat posted, the thread had already been dead for almost 3 months, so....

Ratlord12

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 05:16:33 PM »
Well then, it's time for a revival of sins! Let's see... ooh, here's one:

I always try to treat people with integrity, no matter if I could smash their head or if they could smash mine. But a couple of years back, a dear friend of mine (who I could easily have smashed) pissed me off, and kept doing a certain something I won't share with you. I asked him to stop, but nooooo, too much pride. So I spit in his eye. I don't think I would have been so quick to spit on a guy who could beat me.

It doesn't seem like much, but I feel like this is a big scar on my mostly courteous treatment of underlings. I haven't seen him in a while, and sometimes I wonder if he hates me now...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 05:20:21 PM by Ratlord12 »

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 10:10:29 PM »
I seem to do that alot! In my defense though, I go to more active sites than this one and so anything on the first page is fair game, not here though, here I get scolded  ;) for posting on old threads. Not my fault! I say.  :)

CUBAREY

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2007, 02:17:23 AM »
Well I feel like a jerk when I read posts like this:

It's that I had to *force* myself to read Eye of the World. It was derivitive, had poor prose, and made massive allusions to fantasy, literary, and religious symbolism for the sake of looking smart without actually using any of the tradition or meaning behind those symbols.  The characters are utter morons with poor motivations at best.

I feel like a jerk because I know better then to think that the writer is an illeterate, dense and not particularly bright for having these views since he could just have bad taste. :o :o

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 09:41:07 AM »
*than
*illiterate

(Just your highly literate TWG proofreader here)
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 01:49:13 PM »
Ironically, I don't think that I'm a jerk because I think people are morons when they they state I have bad taste.

Jhaeli

• Level 3
  • Oh the weather outside is frightful...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 02:42:59 PM »
Okay, I think I may have one. I sort-of-not-really feel like a jerk when I get on a high horse and preach a bit at close-minded people, but I'm going to keep doing it anyways. For example...

Y'know, it's okay when someone disagrees with you - in fact, if everyone in the world agreed on everything, we may have world peace, but it'd be incredibly boring too. Debates spice up life. (You should see my newsroom at work; suffice to say it can get noisy sometimes. And it's all friendly!)

Just because someone doesn't like the same thing as you doesn't imply they're dense, illiterate, or even have bad taste. They just have different tastes. A benefit to that is if you listen to what they have to say, sometimes you can learn something or find new meaning and affirmation in your own beliefs.

There! I feel better.
"My task which I am trying to achieve is, by the power of the written word to make you hear, to make you feel - it is, before all, to make you see." - Joseph Conrad

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2008, 04:52:57 AM »
I feel like a jerk when my husbands family bugs me to the point that I wander around the house scowling at everyone and making personal notes to not come back for next Christmas. Well aware (in that little logical voice in the way far back of the head that squeeks timidly) that in a year I will have forgotten the fact that they lost the important half of my daughter's Christmas present in the wrapping paper pile that I mentioned might need to be bagged before we lost something. Or when they insist on unwrapping one present at a time between thirty people!

I feel like a jerk when I have to bully my darling of a husband into pulling over the car in our 14 hour drive home so that we can eat! (yes I'm not exaggerating... he's a car-nazi)... and then I feel like a bigger jerk (or is it jerkier? ;)) when I have spent my entire Christmas vacation being annoyed with people I ought to be happy to see and then post it online!

Thankyou  *steps down off box, and places it reverently in closet*
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 04:55:05 AM by little charity lou-who »

CUBAREY

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 06:31:42 AM »
because  I am highly literate, have perfect taste, and am not dense at all, anyone who disagrees with me must do so because they are illeterate, dense, or have no taste, or possibly disagree with me just to be jerks. ;) ;) :D ;D :-* :-*
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 06:34:03 AM by CUBAREY »

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 01:30:46 PM »
or, more probably, you're less literate, more dense, and have much worse taste than you think.

Ratlord12

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 04:18:23 PM »
I'm starting to like this CUBAREY person.

I know someone did not just say world peace would be boring *steam puffs from ears* This is a debate I often destroy while preaching my ideals to the masses. I also believe that there is a perfect opinion, but these beliefs are tedious to reexplain to the people on this site, so I'll revert to my nonreflectionist path of ignoring such fallacy.

Yet sometimes I feel like a jerk when I get carried away in my debates and take it too far. The talk becomes less about conversion and more about making the erroneous person feel like a dummy for even posing their idiotic questions about god(s) and law. That's why if I don't succeed within the first couple hours, I take a break to cool my jets.