Author Topic: Praise for Mistborn  (Read 1522 times)

urbmd

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Praise for Mistborn
« on: January 09, 2008, 05:15:15 AM »
I am one of those Wheel of Time fans who desperately needed something to read while BS finished the final WOT book.    Well, I was very pleasantly surprised, and after reading both Final Empire and Well of Ascension, I am thoroughly impressed with Brandon Sanderson's work.  His ability to make unexpected plot twists is better than any author I have read, and I really enjoy an unpredictable story.  Mr. Sanderson, thank you so much for finishing AMOL!

My only complaint is that now I have to wait 10 months to get MB3?   Will there be any preview chapters released?  I can feel the withdrawal symptoms beginning already...

As an aside, do we know what EUOL stands for?

Daarian

• Level 4
    • View Profile
Re: Praise for Mistborn
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 06:28:47 AM »
Yes if you read around the forums in a few places like the FAQ thread for the TWG forums I believe you shall see that it stands for Evil Undead OverLord and is apparently pronounced yule (from the Holiday Name thread I believe.) :D
""Don't talk to me about nobleman," Vin said. "And don't say things about people you don't know.  You're no skaa-- you're just nobleman without titles." - Quote from Mistborn

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 06:07:24 PM »
I believe EUOL had a deal with Tor to bring out MB3 in June (I think it was June...) of this year, so it's not that much longer of a wait.  (At least, that's what he said when he did the WoA release.  It may have since changed.)

(Anyone know if he's doing a release party again for it down at Walden?  I know he said he couldn't do a three day prior release again, but is he at least going to do a release party of some sort?)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 06:10:52 PM by firstRainbowRose »
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »
Brandon's website currently says:

Upcoming and Current Releases

1. 10.20.08 -- Mistborn 3
   2. 10.01.08 -- Alcratraz 2
   3. 06.03.08 -- Misborn 2 paperback
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Azhev

• Level 5
  • Wanderer of my own little world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 02:09:31 AM »
Brandon's website currently says:

1. 10.20.08 -- Mistborn 3

Still too long.  :(
"The ending of a book is, in my experience, both the best and the worst part to read.  For the ending will often decide whethet you love or hate the book."

-Alcatraz Smedry, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians, p262