Author Topic: Just have to Share  (Read 2628 times)

JenaRey

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Give me chocolate...or. ..there is no or.  Gi
    • View Profile
    • Reality By Pass
Just have to Share
« on: January 08, 2008, 09:01:02 PM »
Got an article published in The Escapist Magazine.  I love paying gigs!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_131/2776-Like-Calls-to-Like
http://realitybypass.8m.com

You know you wanna...

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
Re: Just have to Share
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 11:14:17 PM »
I read that and was instantly taken back to my start into the gaming world. Brilliant :) Thanks for posting the link.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 11:22:01 PM »
Go Jena, go Jena. :)
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Jhaeli

• Level 3
  • Oh the weather outside is frightful...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 01:43:59 PM »
Although my geek/gamer life hasn't followed the same pattern, I can completely relate to that. I grew up with a computer geek Dad who was the IT and Network Admin guy before it became cool; I loved spending days with him fiddling with the computer and I used to be incredibly amused by the old detailed defrag program with all the colourful blinking blocks.

I remember him getting me an old Apple that had the basics of...BASIC. Haha. It was amusing. I wish I could have learned that in school too, instead of just keyboarding.

Awesome, awesome article. Go you! Anyone else notice that it's so much easier to find fellow geeks and gamers AFTER you get out of high school? I had one gamer friend in high school; now I work with a bunch of them and we all trade games or have Wii and BYOB nights. Much fun.
"My task which I am trying to achieve is, by the power of the written word to make you hear, to make you feel - it is, before all, to make you see." - Joseph Conrad

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 02:02:54 PM »
ah, it takes me back. ANd makes me count the years since I first picked up that orange d6, oddly with Arabic numerals instead of the dots on the dice we used in Monopoly. twenty-six. And twenty-seven since I first held the joystick of an Atari 2600 and played Yar's Revenge (I was the reigning house champion, though my brother could school me in Demon Attack).

JenaRey

• Level 7
  • Give me chocolate...or. ..there is no or.  Gi
    • View Profile
    • Reality By Pass
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 08:00:19 PM »
Heh...it's fun to look back, and to look forward to many more years gaming up a storm.  I think as folks get older we either embrace the geek or hide it.  I'm much happier doing the former.
http://realitybypass.8m.com

You know you wanna...