Author Topic: My computer keeps asking me...  (Read 5509 times)

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: My computer keeps asking me...
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008, 02:02:02 AM »
Ha ha! I've found it! (or rather my brother in law did) it's my StumbleUpon add-on. I disabled all of them and it stopped, so then I enabled them one by one, and voila! there you go.... so he told me to uninstall it and re-install (since I like my stumble add-on) and so far no problems.

So, why is that?

Thanks for all your help guys!  :D

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 03:08:01 PM »
yup. Gotta watch those FF toolbars. I think people get carried away with them myself. I use all of two.

(also, I tested it on vista as well, but that's beside the point now that it's fixed).

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 06:04:26 PM »
I only have three of them. But Stumble was my favorite... I reinstalled it and not half hour after I posted it started doing it again, so  :'( I guess no stumbling for me.

Daarian

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 11:23:23 PM »
That would be the downside of 3rd tools.. especially when FF changed the rules for a few things during its version change. :) Give it time and i am sure you shall be stumbling again.
""Don't talk to me about nobleman," Vin said. "And don't say things about people you don't know.  You're no skaa-- you're just nobleman without titles." - Quote from Mistborn

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 11:55:07 PM »
That's also the biggest problem with Open Source source is compatibility between versions, programmers hate having to do it (because the new code is usually more efficient and secure so they don't want to support the old method) and they don't have anyone testing this stuff for compatibility nor do they have paying costumers getting mad at them (because there are not paying costumers) because all the sudden all their plug-ins stopped working.

It's hard to tell who's causing Charity's problem, my guess would be Stumble Upon, a lot of people don't bother learning the difference between Vista and XP despite there being some significant differences and assume what they're doing will be handled the same by both OSs.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Daarian

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 12:46:46 AM »
yeah.. that is pretty much what i was thinking.. I just wasnt feeling in a very wordy mood.. good job ;P

**remembers his place and runs to the flogging pit**
""Don't talk to me about nobleman," Vin said. "And don't say things about people you don't know.  You're no skaa-- you're just nobleman without titles." - Quote from Mistborn

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 12:58:30 AM »
LOL... I like open source, free and legal, I can't complain, but I'm also very new to it. My brother just told me about it when I got this laptop (for mother's day last year) and I wanted a word program, he introduced me to Open Office, since I don't use it for much more than typing all my daydreams into words.  :-[

It's probably for the best that I can't stumble anymore, I do have a family.... somewhere.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 04:43:35 AM »
I don't have anything against it, but there are negatives with the positives just like anything else.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.