Author Topic: Ratlord's Pot of Volatile Opinions  (Read 8180 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Ratlord's Pot of Volatile Opinions
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2008, 05:06:55 PM »
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. I was simply explaining why i thought your understanding of what I had said was misconstrued
*parses that to make sure it says what I think it says, thinks so, moves on*
for the most part I agree.
I dont' have a problem with the term "types of intelligences." I think that it's just a name to make people feel good, to point out other abilities. Seems harmless to me. But the meaning of what you say is correct. Artistic talent isn't another method of problem solving, it's a separate ability.

GITMachine

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ratlord's Pot of Volatile Opinions
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2008, 06:09:17 PM »
Ratlord:

1. Nothing wrong with extreme views. Its extreme actions that usually gets one into trouble.

2. Maybe you'll like this one. Its short anyway. :)

Poem
by Leonard Cohen

I heard of a man
who could speak words so beautifully
that if he only speaks their name
women give themselves to him.

If I am numb beside your body
while silence blossoms like tumors on our lips,
it is only because I hear a man climb the stairs
and clear his throat outside our door.

3. I think there is a real - and vast - difference between organized religion and spirituality.
One could argue that religion has always been about control. (To those who would disagree , I would suggest an objective study into a) the historical development of one's religion and b) techniques on brainwashing before arguing against that statement).
One could as just as easily argue that man has always needed to be controlled. There is a real need for us to have safety nets (self imposed or not) in place to shield us from our own idiocy.
At the end of the day, I don't think it matters so much exactly what you choose to believe, but whether or not you are willing to live by your beliefs.

4. Str 15  Int 15  Wis 16  Dex 17 Con 14 Cha 16
What always irked me about D&D is that, aside from magic spells, equipment or the bullsh** "once-every-4-levels-you-get-a-whole-point-to-put-towards-attributes-don't-spend-it-all-in-one-place" rule , there is no real way to consciously improve your stats through effort and hard work, trial and error etc.
Fortunately, this is not the case in real life.