Author Topic: TwiggyCon 2: Let's try this again  (Read 4841 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
TwiggyCon 2: Let's try this again
« on: December 20, 2007, 03:05:51 PM »
February 28-Mar 2

Why then?

Well, because that's when the D&D Experience is going to be. In Crystal City. Easily accessible by metro.

THat's why we're doing TwiggyCon 2 in DC. Not just because SE is a lazy butt who thinks everyone should come visit HIM instead of making him go anywhere.

All TWG-ers are invited, even though TwiggyCon's etymology has to do with it being "East."

The link above has hotel rooms information (I really can't host more than say, a person or two). It's really not unreasonable, and with quadruple occupancy at $139/night, it might be worth it to get a room, to stop off at, even if we aren't going to sleep there.

Not sure what Con registration is for the D&D Experience. Or if there even is one. TwiggyCon, however, is still free.

There will, of course, be TwiggyCon games and movies --possibly sightseeing, and most certainly a trip to Five Guys (we plan on taking a more direct route this time). However, we can't plan those too speciffically till we have D&D Experience schedules so we know what we want to see and do.

Now, for the record, here are the people I remember who are known TWG-Easters (ie, you live currently East of the Mississippi). We focus on you people because you're more likely to make it than say, Fell, out in lonely little Utah.

SaintEhlers
Jeffe
Shrain
Gemm
MPease
Loud G
Archon

I'm sure I'm missing someone, but I'm going by memory here. Remember, non easters are invited too. And bring friends and guests. The more the merrier.

To post: games you want included (I promise no Attack!), movies you'd like to watch, sights to see, D&D Experience events you won't miss, favorability of a hotel room, likelihood of coming.
also, generally mockery and sarcastic remarks about the quality of my hygiene.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
Re: TwiggyCon 2: Let's try this again
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 10:01:08 PM »
So... let's get the show on the road, folks. I'm game for some Twiggy festivities in D.C. If the price is right, that is. I can't spring for a room all by myself. And I'm one of the few gals in the group.

I'd love to do some more sightseeing besides playing games. I'm not a D&Der, but I enjoy board games and some video games. Movies are always fun. Mostly, it's just fun to visit with everyone. And anything is bound to happen--like monkeys attacking Jeffe or a fifty-minute trek to Five Guys. ;)
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 02:32:51 PM »
There's still more than a month to get ready for this, but it'd be great to have more people and know about it now.

There's more information up now too, so you can have a better idea of what's going on.

So uh... come on people. I can't believe that none of you are interested in this.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 05:36:18 PM »
Yeah, like I said that's (possibly) moving time, so all my money's will be channeled into that venture. Sorry, but I have to decline on this one. Have fun.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 09:25:03 PM »
Aww, rats. Although, perhaps I won't get sick this time 'round if Gemm doesn't come. Yeah, I still remember the cold bug you so generously cursed me with. :P

Oh, hey, I just realized that Parker should be on the list too because he moved to Maine. Our forces are growing! Hooray!
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 02:15:30 PM »
*Pokes Parker*

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 11:33:54 PM »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 06:45:24 PM »
LOL. Got that right!

I should be able to come. :)
--Spriggan