Author Topic: Favorite Scene **could at some point contain major spoilers**  (Read 5057 times)

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Favorite Scene **could at some point contain major spoilers**
« on: December 12, 2007, 05:59:27 AM »
So I was just thinking about Mistborn well I was really reading some annotations and Brandon had noted how women were weird cause we want the clothing detailed. I just thought it was worth noting that my FAV scene is when Vin is running over the rooftops and she rips the dress off cause it's to cumbersome. I thought, Yes! that's what any logical warrior would do! Men forget to add this stuff!

Absolute favorite scene... well at least right now!  ;)

Daarian

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Scene **could at some point contain major spoilers**
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 08:51:19 PM »
I havent quite finished the book yet, but my favorite scene so far is right after that when she goes off on Kelsier.
""Don't talk to me about nobleman," Vin said. "And don't say things about people you don't know.  You're no skaa-- you're just nobleman without titles." - Quote from Mistborn

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 01:55:08 AM »
Spoilers for the first and second book.

In the first book my favorite scene is Kelsier's fight with the Inquisitor right before he dies. It was monumentally awesome.

In the WoA my favorite scene is when Vin figures out how to fool atium even though she doesn't have it.

Scenes like that are part of why Brandon is such a cool author.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 03:03:37 AM »
Spoilers for the first and second book.
In the WoA my favorite scene is when Vin figures out how to fool atium even though she doesn't have it.
Scenes like that—where the author has so convinced you of the rules of how things work...rules that the author has completely made up...and then he shows someone breaking them and your reaction is "wow, that's cool!"...even though the only reason it's cool is because it's a fictional breaking of completely fictional rules—are signs that the author has got you hook, line, and sinker. (Though Karen would like to point out that ocCASionally people figure out ahead of time how the people are going to break the rules, and then they get to feel like they are just as cool as the author, and that also helps the author seem cool.)

I first thought about this with C.J. Cherryh's Chanur books (and Tripoint), in which she's set forth particular rules about what happens during FTL jump, and then goes and breaks those rules. I thought it was really cool, and then wondered WHY I thought it was so cool.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

achren99

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 08:27:06 PM »
*Spoilers*
My favorite scene is where Vin fights that girl and group of allomancers on the roof to save Elend--I could definitely see that in a movie. :)  I think that is one where she rips off her dress (it's been a while since I've read it)--and that part is great.

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 03:59:44 AM »
Yes that is where she rips off her dress, I REALLY love that part. I have to agree though that when Kelsier is inside that cage and it spins through the air, then lands and the Inquisitor nods in appreciation of an awesome move... I like that part too.

This makes me want to read Mistborn again (for a third time).

In WoA I like when she comes flying over the wall and saves Sazed or of course when she and ...ooh whats his name, crazy guy.... break into the Keep and kill everyone (does that make me morbid?)

Daarian

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 05:13:05 AM »
I like the Dress Riping/Elend Saving/Shana fighting scene, but my favorite is still when Vin goes off on Kelsier. The fight scene with the Inquisitor is also amazing though I must admit.

I just started reading WoA today and I am halfway through so I havent really picked my favorite scene there yet, none of it has really hit me like those other scenes, but I guess if I had to pick right now I would say the part where Elend threatens Straff. :D

I cant wait to finish it. To bad I am going to have to wait for the 3rd book. Though I have Elantris which should mean I have enough to last until this weekend, but I will once again be out of books. :(
Thats the bad part of being on light duty at work with an injury which keeps you from doing anything productive. WAY to much time to read. Of course running out of reading materials is the ONLY down side to that.  ;D
""Don't talk to me about nobleman," Vin said. "And don't say things about people you don't know.  You're no skaa-- you're just nobleman without titles." - Quote from Mistborn

achren99

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 10:38:25 PM »
Have you read Warbreaker yet?  That could add another day or two of reading material...

Daarian

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »
Yeah.. its what started my new reading spree. :D Read it in a day.. :(

demon

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 12:20:47 AM »
my faorite scene in Mistborn would be  the inquisitor scene with Kel.

BIG SPOILER

In the WOA, the very end where sazed is reading the chisled enscription for what it really says, i love that :")
Hope never dies

Goradel

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 04:39:11 AM »
I liked the end of WOA when Sazed uses his abilities on Marsh! 
I'm famous

KindaChang

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2007, 05:40:00 AM »
Favourite Brandon Sanderson scene? jeez... nothing like picking an easy question, is there? Let's see...

Personally I loved the reveal that Hrathen did more at Drakhor than just spend some time there when he fights Dilaf at the end.

But then, Hrathen is my favourite Sanderson character next to Lightsong.

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 06:29:40 AM »
When Marsh shows up there at the end... I just knew there was going to be trouble, I remember thinking.... uh oh. Yeah that was good, too.

I like the part in Elantris where he figures out what's wrong and he picks up the stick and starts dragging it across the ground. It was like this light clicked in my head at that point, that's when I became a true Sanderson follower  ;)

cathar

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 07:10:15 AM »
I liked the whole fight Scene with Kelsier and the Inquisitor. It was excellent.

urbmd

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 04:47:33 AM »
In MB1 my favorite scene was a tie between:  1) The Crew dumbfoundedly discover that Kelsier planned his martyrdom, cultic rise  and had organized their roles to complete the revolution despite his being dead and all hope seemingly lost.

2) Sazed rescues Vin from the Steel Ministry jail cell by allowing himself to be captured.

In MB2:  1)Vin leads the charge to defeat the armies surrounding Luthadel.
2)Sazed rereads the plaque at the end of MB2...Very chilling.