Author Topic: Brandon To Write Wheel of Time Book 12  (Read 111424 times)

Daarian

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon To Write Wheel of Time Book 12
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2007, 01:49:59 AM »
How about we go with RJ/BS books :P for a good shorten up...

ok.. yeah.. maybe not the best initialing there.. I'll shut up now.
""Don't talk to me about nobleman," Vin said. "And don't say things about people you don't know.  You're no skaa-- you're just nobleman without titles." - Quote from Mistborn

Arsolos

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2007, 06:00:06 AM »
Brandon,

I want to offer my congratulations on your selection to complete the Wheel of Time. I read your eulogy to Robert Jordan and was amazed by how eloquent and well-written it was. In particular, the last line, "You go quietly, but leave us trembling." While I'm sorry to say that until the recent announcement, I'd never read any of your books, I just went on to Amazon tonight and ordered both Mistborn books as well as Elantris. I can't wait for them to arrive so I can begin reading them and I'm sure you'll see more posts from me as I read through them. After spending the last two hours browsing your site and your forums, I am really impressed by the warm relationship you have with your fans and hope that I will soon be counted among their numbers. Good luck with A Memory of Light.

-A Future Fan

Tim

nightciris

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2007, 07:24:01 AM »
Oi, this site confuses me. But I thought I would drop in and pass on my well-wishes for the continuation of AMoL--I don't tend to post online a lot, but decided I would for this. Like the hordes of other rabid WoT fans making the transition, I, too, will make the trek to acquire your books in the near future, and wish you the best of luck. The task is daunting, but as Harriet selected you, I figure all will be well. You seem to have a good rapport with your fans, and from the little I have read about and from you, are a genuinely pleasant man who writes with flair. Thanks for committing your time and effort to such a colossal project--I'm rooting for you!

~Elena

Krelian

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2007, 08:40:20 AM »
Just finished Elantris after buying the book last night.  For all other WoTers out there, buy it and read it.  Its great, and I haven't even started Mistborn yet, which Brandon says is his better work.  Look forward to getting involved in that as well.

Sweetheart

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2007, 10:14:51 AM »
Please forgive my intrusion into what seems to be a very close community. I’m not someone who posts often on forums or a big Wheel of Time community member but I would like to say thank you for this endeavor. I have been held captive by the Wheel for 16 years now and it is a relief to hear that Harriet has asked you to help us make it to Tarmon Gai'don.

Even though I want to know what happens in Book 12, I do not envy Brandon's task of learning the massive "database" of WoT knowledge.  For those who have never read WoT, it is a series that requires you to re-read the entire series each time a book comes out, or you have no hope of understanding the details of what is going on.  Check out the famous Wheel of Time FAQ (hasn't been updated since 2004):  http://www.steelypips.org/wotfaq/0_admin/0.01_intro.html

It seems like the main fan-driven WOTFAQ hasn't been updated in a few years, which is a shame.

(For your fans that want to get acquainted with W.O.T. before your book comes out). Other than www.dragonmount.com and Wheel of Time FAQ I use www.encyclopaedia-wot.org most often to help me keep things straight. It is a very thorough site with everything from chapter summaries to notes on anyone and anything in the books. Careful though if you haven’t read all the books yet because all that information equals spoilers.

I have been looking for a new author and the posts in this forum lead me to believe I have found him. I think I’ll start with the Mistborn trilogy, though a story finished in three books will seem strange. :D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 11:27:44 AM by Sweetheart »

Shecky

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2007, 07:22:19 PM »
Brandon, like so many others, I'm making my first foray into these forums to congratulate you and to wish you all the best in the MONUMENTAL job you have in front of you in AMoL. So walk in the light... or else.  :D

... just kidding. You seem to be a huge fan of WoT and I'm certain you'll do everything humanly possibly to do the series justice. :) Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day!

ImMe

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2007, 10:55:24 PM »
So amazing! Congratulations and good luck.  :)  I discovered WoT back in high school when there were a half-dozen or so out, and got frustrated enough with not getting the whole story that I decided to wait until the series was complete to have one big read-fest and read them all. Ten years later... It's sad that RJ passed without being able to finish his work, but how great that he has someone that is such a fan to complete his legacy. I've been a Brandon Sanderson fan since I picked up Elantris in Borders while waiting in line for Harry Potter (5 I think) and have been a huge fan ever since. I've just lurked in timewasters before now, but this is big enough news that I wanted to jump in and make my presence known. It's a big job, but if anyone can do it, you can!

wastical

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2007, 11:45:31 PM »
Hi everyone! I heard word of Brandon taking over tWoT on Monday and wanted to go out and buy one of his books on tuesday but there that ice storm... Sooo I went out today and Borders didn't have any in stock!!! They were all sold out! Im going to order tonight online at Amazon.... Im really excited to learn of a new author and to have my favorite series finished. I have been passing on word, but the women at my work don't really read anything! Congrats to Brandon from me and my two sisters and we will be checking in here and dragonmount!!
Blaine is a pain and that is the truth

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2007, 11:52:07 PM »
I for one hope there are not a dozen Jordan/Sanderson books in the future.

Man, so do I. I've read Jordan Sanderson's writing and it's barely legible.

Hey at least I spell better then the other Sanderson (or at least am more proficient with spell check)
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

achren99

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2007, 12:50:10 AM »
The Way of Kings sounds cool too :)!  In other words, I'll buy and read whatever you write.  I'll always hold out hope for Dragonsteel, though. 

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2007, 03:22:07 AM »
I thought I finally got to wipe my hands clean of Wheel of Time, I wasn't even interested in finishing it with RJ gone.  Now the Pusher is in my home town, and bad habbits are hard to break.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

TheLazyWolf

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2007, 07:11:43 AM »
Another new convert, here.

Originally apprehensive about the idea, immediately relieved after reading the interview at dragonmount. Currently wishing someone had told Borders ahead of a time, so i could be reading your other books  right now

I think you should call them bRANDon Sanderson books if you do others ;)

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2007, 07:09:15 PM »
bRANDon....hmm that's pretty quick.

Jhaeli

• Level 3
  • Oh the weather outside is frightful...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2007, 08:54:23 PM »
Congratulations!

I read up until about book 9 or so a few years ago and never got around to finishing the newer books; I liked them, but I'm not a diehard WoT fan.

Opposite to what so many are saying, I may just end up reading the rest of WoT because of Brandon Sanderson. I know, that's not what his intentions are - from what I've gathered, EUOL seems the type to want someone to read the books for Jordan's sake. I do respect Robert Jordan and his writing. However, I will say that my attention has been re-focused on reading the rest of WoT because of this announcement.
"My task which I am trying to achieve is, by the power of the written word to make you hear, to make you feel - it is, before all, to make you see." - Joseph Conrad

Leopoled Boothe

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2007, 12:21:53 AM »
Mr. Sanderson,

I just want to start by saying congrts on being chosen to complete the best darned fantasy epic this side of JRR Tolkien.  As a long time fan of WOT I would like offically put forth a vote of confidence in your ability to do this series justice.  Afterall, you do have the three most important qualifications:

1. You are an acomplished fantasy writer
2. You seem to be a big fan of Mr. Jordan's work
3. You were hand picked by Harriet, the person who knew RJ best (could she possibly go wrong).

Also congrats on being the first WOT fan to know the idenity of Asmodean's killer.  Its a bummer about the NDA.  I guess that does prevent you from telling us who Asmo's killer is, but does it prevent you from telling us who who the killer isn't?   For example, if I were to post a list of my top three suspects would you be able and willing to eliminate one of them?  ;D

I understand that often times the prolouge to WOT books is released several months prior to the release of the actual books.  Is there any chance that this will be the case with AMoL and if so is there any chance that you might work the identity of Asmo's killer into the prolouge? (As I guess you've figured out I'm dying to know, but hey I have been waiting 14 years to find out). ;D

Ok but enough about Asmodean.  Another thing I'm dying to know is will Hurin appear in AMoL?  Mind you, I'm not asking for any details about what role he will play in the book, I just want to know if he's in it.   Its been along time since we've heard from Hurin and I kind of miss the little guy.

Anyway, thanks for your time and thanks for bringing the conclusion of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time into the world.  Best of luck with the project.

LB