Author Topic: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**  (Read 224026 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**
« Reply #435 on: February 17, 2009, 05:17:35 PM »
So, just because I stood up and walked across the room to look at your painting MKing.  From across the room it looks WAY intense.  It looks good close as well, but if you stand ten-fifteen feet away.  It's just wow.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 17, 2009, 06:52:17 PM »
The brushstokes make me think of clay. Like the koloss were molded in a way. Which they were in a sense.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

melbatoast

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Shelfari Page
« Reply #437 on: February 17, 2009, 11:30:13 PM »
Super cool. I think the loose skin looks really good.
"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." - Louisa May Alcott

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 19, 2009, 02:48:58 AM »
Great work! What I love most is the face, though–the insides of the eyes and mouth look really realistic. Good job!!!
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
« Reply #439 on: February 21, 2009, 12:24:44 PM »
I could try smaller eyes. It would make them feel more "massive", proportionally speaking, and that would make them more intimidating.

Those particular heads were built strictly on the proportions of a normal human skull.  But if the skeleton of the koloss grows, then it makes sense that the skull would as well, and yet that doesn't necessarily mean that organs like the eyes would grow in equal proportion...

You know, I think you're right. On a "mature" koloss, at least, the eyes could very well be smaller. I'll keep it in mind, 'cause I'm pretty certain this won't be the last time I draw them.

:D

I'm pretty much always open to feedback. Others catch details in the text that I miss, and getting a well-rounded input on the various ways in which different people interpret the same text is beneficial to creating a design that accurately represents not just what Brandon describes, but what the audience perceives in that description.

Bastille

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 21, 2009, 03:13:04 PM »
I could try smaller eyes. It would make them feel more "massive", proportionally speaking, and that would make them more intimidating.

Those particular heads were built strictly on the proportions of a normal human skull.  But if the skeleton of the koloss grows, then it makes sense that the skull would as well, and yet that doesn't necessarily mean that organs like the eyes would grow in equal proportion...

You know, I think you're right. On a "mature" koloss, at least, the eyes could very well be smaller. I'll keep it in mind, 'cause I'm pretty certain this won't be the last time I draw them.

:D

I think you should make the eyes smaller to make the kollos look bigger but that's just my opinion. :)

Bastille

I'm pretty much always open to feedback. Others catch details in the text that I miss, and getting a well-rounded input on the various ways in which different people interpret the same text is beneficial to creating a design that accurately represents not just what Brandon describes, but what the audience perceives in that description.

Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief, So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Dark Blue

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 24, 2009, 11:34:13 PM »
The brush strokes and mix of coloring was really nice; it gave me an image of sagging skin. The eyes sinking down and the gums poking out of the mouth looked very cool. The sword was nicely done as well as everything else. Excellent job   ;D

DB
Memorable Quotes:

"It is a sin to think words no others think and to put them down upon a paper no others are to see. It is base and evil. It is as if we were speaking alone to no ears but our own. And we know well that  there is no transgression blacker than to do or think alone." -Anthem

mking

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #442 on: February 25, 2009, 02:36:27 AM »
Thanks for the comments, everybody!

Any suggestions for the next painting? No promises that I'll be able to do any of them. But I'm kind of looking for some inspiration at the moment.

Reaves

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 25, 2009, 04:07:41 AM »
Do a mistborn (Vin, Kelsier, Elend, anybody) soaring through the mists. Do it from a perspective above them, with the city shrouded in mist below. Just a quick thought, hope it helps  :D
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 25, 2009, 05:42:24 AM »
Horseshoe hopping! ;D
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #445 on: February 25, 2009, 04:58:30 PM »
Vin standing over the withering husk of the Lord Ruler surrounded by broken stained glass. :)
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 28, 2009, 10:22:45 PM »
Dilaf!
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

LauraOrganaSolo

• Level 2
  • Smile, God loves you.
    • View Profile
    • Eien no Yume
« Reply #447 on: March 06, 2009, 04:51:18 AM »
I was working on some stuff that involved using a skull illustration as a template, and I took a little time to do a couple extra heads based on my favorite blue beasties:

link

Busted out pretty quick on the colors, but I like 'em well enough to post. If you don't care for 'em, you can check out the plain linework here.
I've been looking forward to seeing a closer up shot like this since I first read about how their skin worked. This is awesome.

I'm curious about where the tears are most likely to occur on koloss bodies once their skin gets stretched too much... rather, where are the most obvious stress points besides the eye sockets and mouth?

On the subject of inquisitors, I'm in the "cold and ruthless" camp. I imagine them and obligators always doing everything very purposefully calmly, rarely rushing or moving quickly. I picture myrddral, nazgul, cenobites, and the antagonist... guys in Dark City. But with the poise and carriage of Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus in The Matrix movies.

...I guess I'm just telling you this because I wish I could produce art but can't and feel uncomfortable writing fanfic, even with the author's blessing. X3;;

Any suggestions for the next painting? No promises that I'll be able to do any of them. But I'm kind of looking for some inspiration at the moment.
I'd really like to see someone visualize the triangle-motif robes of Terris Keepers. :3

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 06, 2009, 11:50:30 PM »
Yeah, the Terris Stewards' robes would be cool…maybe you could draw them with some metalminds, too (assuming they were Feruchemists).
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

mking

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #449 on: March 07, 2009, 03:47:25 AM »
I started on a painting of Vin in mistcloak flying above the city.

The Terris robes sound interesting. Does anyone happen to know which book and chapter has a good description of them?