Author Topic: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**  (Read 224009 times)

Elmandr

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**
« Reply #285 on: October 25, 2008, 08:02:30 PM »
I haven't Drawn since i was in junior high but lately I've had the urge to. Give me a couple days and i will post a drawing...
"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 27, 2008, 04:46:19 PM »
Ok then, good job with the cursors thats a neat idea.

tann-  that inq was awesome. I loved how the mist looked aswell. Really good job on it.

Baron- I like what you have so far, at this point I dont think there is enough there for me to give any advise or criticism. Continue with the adding of detail and let us see it then. Good job so far.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

tann|design

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 27, 2008, 08:51:18 PM »
Thank you Mean Montsa!  The mist and the tattoos really gave me some trouble, so I appreciate the compliment.

Elmandr

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 27, 2008, 10:20:13 PM »
That's pretty kickass! I think of the fashions in Mistborn as being closer to Victorian era than Colonial, but then again I've been proven wrong in the past.

Hopefully I've gotten closer on this one (I asked for help first, this time):

Still not sure on a couple things, like the placement of the torso spikes or the costuming in general... I like the cloak, but I'm not sure if I like the shirtlessness. It shows off the nail heads, but... meh. I'll think of something, eventually. Or be corrected.

;D

*shivers and bows in reverence*

"I love you."
"you dont. You just think you do because i'm all you know."
"Really? So whats this burning sensation i'm having in my stomach?"
"Too much ale."
"Not love?"
"No. But i can see how you confused the two."
"I don't feel good."
"They do that to you."
"my legs, their numb."
"Hahaha!"
"haha!"

Seth

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 28, 2008, 10:54:36 AM »
Here is some line art i worked on a little today. As you can see I ran out of room on my canvas where her foot is supposed to be... so foot coming soon!! It's good to have goals! ^.^ I wanted to show her in her casual shirt and trousers. Feedback is appreciated!

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #290 on: October 28, 2008, 11:16:21 AM »
Wow, I like it Seth.  :) Can't wait to see it finished.

Baron: I like the set up, can't wait to see what you add to it.

And Ink, excellent as always.  ;D

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 28, 2008, 03:26:20 PM »
Seth I really liked that drawing! Nice work!
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 28, 2008, 05:35:15 PM »
That is really nice work Seth. Since I am not artistic I just come here and let you all imagine my pictures in my head for me, and you are all pretty close to something I have had in my head while reading. :)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 28, 2008, 06:59:02 PM »
Wow, Seth, that's really amazing.  Well done!
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Seth

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 28, 2008, 07:02:39 PM »
Thank you all for the positive feedback! I would like to stress that it is no where near done, that was just some line art I whipped out in the half hour before I passed out last night, note the time I posted haha. I will clean up the art and add her *pause for suspense* FOOT! Actually the idea I had in my head was for her being in a standoff with an inquisitor, though I think this specific picture is turning into more of just a still of her. I like her expression in this one, and I can't bring myself to distort it to one of anger or contention. I will post the pictures I have done as soon as I clean them up. I have some of Sazed, some Kandra and Koloss, and an Inquisitor. Thanks all!

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 28, 2008, 07:19:53 PM »
I always pictured Vin as much more short and compact, not tall and lithe. Also I think she would wear something under her shirt. It's an interesting depiction though.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Seth

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 28, 2008, 08:50:37 PM »
I always pictured Vin as much more short and compact, not tall and lithe. Also I think she would wear something under her shirt. It's an interesting depiction though.

The way I picture her is short as well, at least comparatively to those around her. In this picture there is not a point of reference yet to really depict her size. Though I always remember her being depicted as slim, I will find my notes again on her discription. The reason I put her clothes the way they are is based on descriptions from the books. Stating she liked to wear a loose shirt of the men's fashion left a little open by way of a few buttons not done up. Remember she did fight once in her underwear ~.^, Thank you for your comment! Hopefully once the picture is done how I see her will be more evident. ^.^

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 28, 2008, 10:09:48 PM »
Yes, but to fight in one's underwear one must be wearing underwear (top included). Also, if she's short, the proportions would be shorter, unless her head is really small. :)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

tann|design

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 29, 2008, 12:04:23 AM »
Okay I feel like a moron, but how do you get the image to show up directly on the post?  I made my file smaller so you don't have to follow the link anymore and just cannot get it to show up.  I am sure it is simple and I am making it harder on myself!

Seth

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 29, 2008, 01:43:44 AM »
Okay I feel like a moron, but how do you get the image to show up directly on the post?  I made my file smaller so you don't have to follow the link anymore and just cannot get it to show up.  I am sure it is simple and I am making it harder on myself!

I host mine on imageshack.us once it is uploaded to your account (wich is free) you copy a line of code that it gives you while looking at your picture. When you come to these forums just paste that code on the forum post and the image should show up on the post.

I hope that helps ^.^