Author Topic: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**  (Read 224127 times)

Felastizairu

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Defies gravity, and therefore physics.
    • View Profile
Re: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2008, 07:09:06 AM »
Whoa... I didn't even think of the resemblance until you brought it up.  I definitely wasn't going for a Joseph Smith likeness!
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
~Thomas

White

• Level 5
  • (is largely not of this world)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2008, 07:53:01 AM »
Your picture of Elend is pretty good.  It does remind me of another picture I've seen tho.

For those of us that are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (or Mormons if you prefer) you may also recognize it.

This is by no means a slam on your effort or art.  It just reminds me of this picture.

Wow, that is eerie, clearly Mormon-ness is transmitting itself telepathically now and choosing to express itself in some unusual ways....

speaking of which - has anyone ever see those Jesus toast things where you slide it in your pop up toaster to get JC grilled into your toast? they also make a hello kitty one of course ^_^  ;D
Clyde Bruckman: You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than auto-erotic asphyxiation.
Mulder: Why are you telling *me* that?
Clyde Bruckman: Look, forget I mentioned it. It's none of my business.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2008, 10:37:21 PM »
I don't see the resemblance beyond the period collar and the vague "they're both male" thing.

I appreciate that you tried period garb, Felastizairu.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Felastizairu

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 22, 2008, 06:07:23 AM »
Thanks.  I do try. :)

I've been re-reading MB1 and taking notes on the looks/dress of the characters in Kelsier's crew just in case I get the urge to do a group image.  Actually, I already have the urge, I just lack the time and confidence in my skills.  But we'll see!
~Thomas

White

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #139 on: February 22, 2008, 06:19:49 AM »
Thanks.  I do try. :)

I've been re-reading MB1 and taking notes on the looks/dress of the characters in Kelsier's crew just in case I get the urge to do a group image.  Actually, I already have the urge, I just lack the time and confidence in my skills.  But we'll see!

Huh, that's a good idea.

Can I suggest maybe that you might want to consider starting a thread in conjunction with the fanart thread of physical descriptions/references to what characters look like? it seems like lots of people here do fanart so it might benefit you guys to lump together...
Clyde Bruckman: You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Felastizairu

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 22, 2008, 06:31:39 AM »
Huh, that's a good idea.

Can I suggest maybe that you might want to consider starting a thread in conjunction with the fanart thread of physical descriptions/references to what characters look like? it seems like lots of people here do fanart so it might benefit you guys to lump together...

I'm not sure if I should start a whole new thread for this, so I'll just post descriptions here for now.  They're straight from MB1.

Kelsier - tall, hawk-faced, light blond hair, mid-thirties, nobleman's suit (colored vest, dark coat and trousers, thin cloak to keep off ash)

Dockson - shorter than Kelsier, squarish face, stocky build, black hair, short half-beard, nobleman's suit

Breeze - sharply dressed as a nobleman, hat and dueling cane, older, a pit portly, well-styled black hair

Ham - build of a soldier, sleeveless shirt, well sculpted arms, muscular but not massive, close-cropped hair

Clubs - Dull tan overcoat, pair of brown trousers, simple white shirt, face knotted and gnarled, eyes show with disapproving satisfaction

Yeden - short with curly brown hair, gray skaa clothes, worker's coat

That's what I have so far.  Feel free to add and improve the list!
~Thomas

White

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #141 on: February 22, 2008, 03:37:48 PM »
... wow, that was enlightening... especially how my mind managed to blank out the part of "Kelsier is Blonde."
Tarnation. I forsee there will be some rereading I need to do in the near future.  @_0

Felastizairu

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 22, 2008, 09:31:20 PM »
... wow, that was enlightening... especially how my mind managed to blank out the part of "Kelsier is Blonde."
Tarnation. I forsee there will be some rereading I need to do in the near future.  @_0

You're not the only one.  I had in my head that Kelsier had brown hair up until I re-read it.  But it's right there, page 49 in the PB version, right when Kelsier saves Vin from Camon's beating.
~Thomas

Forloc

• Level 2
  • Troll Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Album
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2008, 12:43:16 AM »
Added some rough shading, knives, and coloration.  The darkness is a problem, and I'm trying to figure out a way to highlight the MistCloak, with out turning it stark red.  Ash in the background needs improvement too.

My Photo Album
When you argue with forum trolls, they win.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2008, 05:11:45 AM »
It's way cool looking Forloc!  But if I may... it honestly reminded me of a jedi the first time I saw it.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Forloc

• Level 2
  • Troll Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Album
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2008, 06:06:49 PM »
Is it the hood?  I always envisioned the mistcloak to look somewhat like a cross between a trench coat, Tuxedo, and the robe worn by the main character in the game Assassins Creed.  The hood is a little Jedi-esque I might admit.

My Photo Album

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2008, 10:52:42 PM »
I think it's the hood along with the sleeves and the way the shirt sleeves look poking out.

And (everyone can correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think cloaks have "sleeves" per say.  Usually if it does have sleeves it's then a robe.  Cloaks are just capes with a hood on them.  Sometimes they have slits for your arms to go through, but that's about it.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Forloc

• Level 2
  • Troll Hunter
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Album
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2008, 11:59:21 PM »
Then I guess I made a MistRobe...

Anyway, that was what my envisioning of it was.

My Photo Album

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2008, 02:34:48 AM »
Hey, there's nothing wrong with artistic licences.  I think looking at it again it's the way the sleeves of the shirt coming out of the robe that make it look Jedi-ish.  And the coloring.

anubis

« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2008, 12:11:47 AM »
did another pic took less time than last ones (10 min) but i like it
steel inquisitor
probably too dark and i didn't make the charater pic or the castle
(prague and vin diesl) like I did last time, just modified

« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 12:13:53 AM by Anubis »