Author Topic: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**  (Read 224001 times)

Soryn

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • hey hey
    • View Profile
Re: Lo and behold, some fanart!
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2007, 10:07:37 PM »
Thank you very much for the comment! I'm actually trying to pull away from doing chibi characters like this, but they're just so darn cute I guess I can't help it.

And by the way, it was you who made me want to do some Mistborn fanart. I really liked your sketches :)

candylion

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2007, 12:30:11 AM »
OooOoOOoOooOOoOoo!!!

Thankeee!!^^

Oh, and thanks for the add on deviant. Keep up the good work!!

I'm trying to get into color. But I still can't get the brushes right...-kills tablet- But yea, I'm going to definitely post more stuffs soon. Keep it coming, I want to see moreeee!!!

>.<
IS TAKING COMMISSIONS!...I <3 any art so click on and send me a message. I'll probably draw it.

Soryn

• Level 3
  • hey hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2007, 12:56:36 AM »
Hehe, it mostly takes practice. I've had a tablet for over six years, and I still don't have it right!

For coloring, I mostly use this coloring tutorial, done by a good friend of mine. It's extremely helpful.

What tablet and program to you use, if I may ask?

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2007, 02:39:30 AM »
I have a Gateway Tablet PC..convertible..yadda yadda. And I'm using Adobe Photoshop CS 3 (Because it's the only program I know how to use. Illustrator infuriates me, so I stay away from it)

So it's nice, I have the screen as my tablet etc etc, instead using the pad-like ones...I tried that once. It was not pretty.

That's a great tutorial. I wanna be able to do something like that, but without the thick lineart. More like this: (but still keep my cartoony-ness)

http://asuka111.deviantart.com/art/Melt-down-62719341

So if you have any suggestions..I'm more than open..-dies-

But hopefully I'll crank out a Vin, simply because I already have her down, by tonight. Hopefully.
IS TAKING COMMISSIONS!...I <3 any art so click on and send me a message. I'll probably draw it.

Soryn

• Level 3
  • hey hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2007, 09:13:08 PM »
Hurrah, another picture of Vin! This one is a bit more accurate in my opinion and is done in my more sketchy style. I am intending to color this later. Enjoy!

For the full-view version, check here: clicky clicky

I tried to make the file smaller and I apologize if it slows down your computer at all!

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2007, 12:40:43 AM »
One of the fun things about fanart is the possibility for interpretation.  Don't apologize for your style!  This is very well done, and I'm impressed.  I tried my hand at art for a while, and I was downright terrible, so I know how hard it is to make things look as good as you have here. 

Thanks for posting these, and make sure to show me anything else you do.  The new website (which we're launching in beta on Monday) will eventually have a fanart section, and I'd love to post these pieces.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Soryn

• Level 3
  • hey hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2007, 03:58:53 AM »
Oh, thank you, thank you!

I'm always a little nervous when presenting fanart. I'm glad that you like it.

I'd be ecstatic if you posted them on your new site. And be assured there is more fanart a-coming!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2007, 04:13:02 AM »
One thing about a fan art page is we'll need everyone's permission to host the art on our server as well as permission to make a thumbnail because Lightbox is such a slick little program.

Also a name, and website if you have one, would be good.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 04:51:03 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2007, 01:07:49 PM »
She looks like she has a cookie. A metallic cookie. WHich in the hands of a Mistborn becomes a metallic cookie of death.

Mm.. that gives me an idea.

* SaintEhlers starts a new ninja monkey training program.

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Re: Art of Sanderson: Usagi the Fan-Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2007, 07:43:17 AM »
Alright, I know, kill me. I deserve it.

-dies by her own hand-
-is zombie-like ghost-

Well, I just got my tablet, anyone who's reading, and I've been practicing. You can check my deviant for my latest desktop image:

http://curiousgenius.deviantart.com/art/Killheart-Blues-64626988

So if you want, plaster it on your desktop as wallpaper, and show it around. If you want, if not, look at it, comment and I PROMISE some fan art next. I won't touch my tablet unless I'm drawing Vin...or mist.

-laughs-

Anywho, JUST got my copy of WoA, Borders finally restocked. So I'm gonna read it while drawing fan art, should be interesting. Yeap, thanks guys. ^^

-resurrects self-

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Art of Sanderson: Usagi the Fan-Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2007, 01:19:18 PM »
you have a new favorite!

Soryn

• Level 3
  • hey hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2007, 11:03:37 PM »
Hey Brandon, it's me again! Here is a digital copy of that bookmark:

Super huge large version here

It was really really great to meet you in person! I heard some very interesting tidbits about writing and for that I thank you. I'd never been to a book signing before, so I was unsure of what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised at how relaxed everything was; I had a great time talking with you.

Hopefully I'll see you again in February!

Shuez

• Level 3
  • R. Schuyler Devin - Writer, Poet, Artist, Techgeek
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2007, 08:50:12 PM »
She looks like she has a cookie. A metallic cookie. WHich in the hands of a Mistborn becomes a metallic cookie of death.

Mm.. that gives me an idea.

* SaintEhlers starts a new ninja monkey training program.

Thank you SaintEhlers for the good laugh and the humorous imagery that will stick with me for days!

----------
About the art: Don't apologize for your style; at least you have a style. Be proud that you have talent and never stop doing what you enjoy. To many people put down the brush, pencil, pen, or instrument as life's crushing stress and global mediocrity kills everything beautiful within us. It is sad how many people I meet or personally know say: I used to be a (guitar player, violinist, painter, writer, etc...), but I just don't do it anymore; there is no time blah, blah, blah.

Sad.
"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."

- Albert Einstein

"You have only just begun to gauge the depth of your ignorance yet you use it as the foundation for a towering confidence." - from the novel Black Brillion by Matthew Hughes

Pink Bunkadoo

• Level 7
  • Ookla's sister
    • View Profile
    • Helena's webpage
« Reply #88 on: October 11, 2007, 05:20:37 PM »
Candylion, have you ever played with Corel Painter?  I find it much better for getting a smooth drawing line than Photoshop (though it's also frustrating because there are just so many different brushes and I haven't spent enough time with it to know what they all do.)  I've got a few things on my blog here that I've done in Painter. 
~금강산도 식후경~

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2007, 12:25:32 AM »
One thing about a fan art page is we'll need everyone's permission to host the art on our server as well as permission to make a thumbnail because Lightbox is such a slick little program.

Also a name, and website if you have one, would be good.

Reminder.

Post here or e-mail brandon about this if you want your stuff shown on the site.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.