Author Topic: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**  (Read 224051 times)

dawncawley

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Art of Sanderson: Usagi the Fan-Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 06:36:59 PM »
Wow, being a fan of art, but totally talentless myself, I am in awe. They are wonderful! Thank you for sharing with us :)

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 08:56:02 PM »
Candylion, I hope you don't mind me asking, but could you post in a larger black font? I try to read your posts, but I find it difficult in that small bluish green font. Thanks!

PS Awesome art. It's fun to see how you visualize the characters from Mistborn. I really like the one of Kelsier (assuming he's the top one in the last pic). You really caught his confidence and smirk.

candylion

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2007, 09:31:31 PM »
-grins-

Thanks for all the comments! I'm glad you guys enjoyed it! it was quite simple, but I'm still happy...despite my four-hour shift I just came back from making people's Bubble Tea, 3 of those which I was alone after a 5 minute crash course. Not good. But this certainly brightened my day. ^.^!!~

Tage- Thanks so much! I'm glad you liked all of them. I drew this one after my art class, therefore it came out better after my drive for being..well...artsy...>.>

dawncaley-Thank you!!~ I'm glad to share it with people. The more I share, the more I'm exposed...haha. But no. Really. -shifty eyes- I'm glad you like!!~

Tink- Yes, Kelsier's on top. (o.o) And then Lord Ruler in the middle. Yea, I finally got his look down better. Lord Ruler was a bit hard, trying to make him an extravagantly dressed nobleman with perfect jet black hair, young, and menacing. Thanks for the comments, I'm happy that you like them. More to come ^^!!~ ((I changed all my posts by the way, so that they're easier to read))

Thanks again, I'll post one or two things today, so please come back and comment with your thoughts and whatnot.

-gigglesnort-
IS TAKING COMMISSIONS!...I <3 any art so click on and send me a message. I'll probably draw it.

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2007, 08:00:16 AM »
Forgive me, I feel like such a disappointment. No fanart tonight, at 3am...hehe. Since I had to design a tatoo for my roommate...therefore I designed a prototype for my own. Who knows. I'll post it up for sherry and giggles.

Tattoo: Trinket

Enjoy my lovelies, I'll try and post something later on today...hehe.
IS TAKING COMMISSIONS!...I <3 any art so click on and send me a message. I'll probably draw it.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2007, 09:28:27 PM »
Candy,

That Kelsier is very good.  I think you got it with him on that one.  Bonus: you've got a spear sticking from the Lord Ruler's body.  Also, I like the mist swirls.  Great job!
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

bittersweet010102

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2007, 10:16:24 PM »
woah oh my those 6 sketches(i think it was 6..) by candylion were so incredible! but still, my favourite was the first. very pretty! good job! ;D

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2007, 05:08:16 AM »
Elantris: Color Sketch: Sarene One-Ish...>.>

Just a random sketch, sorry for not uploading for the longest time. Working more than 20 hours a week. Been depressed, I missed Anime Boston. Anywho, enjoy, I'll uploading something serious soon.

Because I'm not happy with this picture, except for the red.

Going to Korea for the summer, I'll expound in the next upload.

Yea...

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2007, 02:18:29 PM »
aw, but she's cute!
Not quite how I envision Serene. I never saw her as "cute." But still.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2007, 07:39:50 PM »
Nice!  It's awesome to get an update. 

Korea, eh?  How long will you be there?
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2007, 06:43:19 PM »
I think it is nice :) I like the red, but I also like the overall picture too.

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2007, 07:29:46 PM »
I know this is terrible of me, I haven't been on in ages, not that anyone cares, and my English grammar has gotten a bit worse. Well, my English in general. I've been in Korea, that's why. Actually, I was in L.A. studying my korean to come here, Korea, and I've been quite busy. Found out that I'm not going back to Boston because I got offered an internship at Fortune Fashions's art department or possibly at Disney. But who knows.  So, it is 3 am and I can't sleep, slept all day here then woke up at midnight, and I'm at a PC BANG...like a Cafe Internet (In spanish) without the coffee and a bunch of gamers instead. Anywho, I'm here with my cousin becuase he noticed that I couldn't sleep....well. Hopefully I'll be able to post some stuff, I'll probably not.

But that's not what I'm depressed about, I'm missing the biggest fantasy summer of my life. Mistborn: Well of Ascension (for one), Red Seas under Red Skies by Scott Lynch, Harry Potter DH and the OotP movie (of course), Stardust the movie, and I know I'm missing something else but I can't remember what.

Instead I'm taking 2 art classes, and kroean language class and teaching english while I'm here, my parents believe that's a bit more productive. Anywho, so the good news is that I'm TRYING to post more things, but I can't get on deviant here, I'll be considerably better at drawing and I'll have loads to do when I get back home.

Any fans in L.A. should contact me..we'll...have...a..soda?

Yea, just wanted to tell you, if anyone cares, that I'm still alive and I'll be back in the U.S. by the end of August.

Cheerio.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2007, 08:08:03 PM »
You know, when I saw there was an update here I got excited. :) I've really enjoyed the stuff you've posted so far, so I hope we get to see more some day.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2007, 03:13:36 AM »
It sounds like you have a full plate right now. I hope to see more art soon, but I am patient. :) Have fun.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2007, 01:08:36 PM »
Yeah, I haven't seen you show up in my new deviations link for a while. I was starting to wonder. Well, sounds like things are busy but good.

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2007, 02:52:13 PM »
I know, update, false hope again. BUT, I'm so glad you enjoy my work, I was rather shocked...hehehe, thanks for the feedback. I think I'm starting my art classes in about two weeks. So I'll try to have something by then to work on so then I can post something in somewhere...timeframe.something...yea. So, thanks for reading! I love you all.

SARANGHE!

(korean for: I love you....>.>)

So I'll keep you posted. So far, my uncle and my cousin got me tipsy, but this isn't a blog, so that's a story for my deviantart. Although!!!!! I can't access deviantart through this computer, weird, so If I post any art, it'll be here.

Thankeee!!!

-Usagi Hana PANTS!~