Author Topic: Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**  (Read 224003 times)

candylion

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Official Fan Art Thread **Don't create new threads**
« on: March 25, 2007, 09:29:15 PM »
To be simply put, this is a thread where I will post my fanart for Mistborn, Elantris, and Warbreaker. Feel free to comment, talk, and show around, I suppose. Enjoy.

By the way, I'm E.V., I go to Boston University. So if you're in the area and you like what to see, please contact me for any further information.

Check out my stuff at Deviant: http://curiousgenius.deviantart.com

*Just started  sketch version of my in-process manga: DaI. Please check it out (The script is very weak, it'll change I just needed some general idea of it).*

But if you think I just suck -shrugs- I'll agree, I still have a long way to go.
Pending:
1)  Kelsier and the Lord Ruler, facing off in the Square of the Survivor, ash in the sky, surrounded by quiet soldiers and rebels.
2)  Vin shattering the stained glass window in the Lord Ruler's palace near the end, mist curling around her, darkness beyond.
[/color]
Done:
1) Don't Gawk
2) Winged Cloak
3) Kelsier Prototype
[/color][/size]
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 01:38:35 AM by Spriggan »
IS TAKING COMMISSIONS!...I <3 any art so click on and send me a message. I'll probably draw it.

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
Re: Art of Sanderson: Usagi the Fan-Fan
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 09:34:04 PM »
Mistborn: Sketch: Don't Gawk

Just and idea of Vin while she's riding in the carriage before Kelsier jumps in, and is looking out the window. This is when she goes to her first social function of course, the ball at Keep Venture.

It was a really quick sketch, but I had to put something up here. They'll get better.

((The picture isn't coming out for me either, I really don't know why. While I try to fix it, check the DeviantArt, it's on there as well, thanks.))

Enjoy. Please Comment !~
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:19:30 PM by candylion »
IS TAKING COMMISSIONS!...I <3 any art so click on and send me a message. I'll probably draw it.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 02:33:29 AM »
D'oh. Those links don't work. I can't see the posted sketch either. :( And I'm really curious now.

P.S. Yay, a fellow Bostonian who is a fan of Mistborn! Cool. I'm a grad student at Emerson College. Oh, by the way, what does "E.V." mean?

Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 04:11:34 AM »
Sorry about that, I don't know why the photo isn't coming up, I'm using photobucket. Anywho, you should try and copy and paste the link now. Sorry, I had a typo in there, it should work and the fan art will be posted there as well. So if anyone else can comment if the photo is coming up for them or not, that would be very helpful.

E.V. is my name? Haha, I go by my initials: Elena Virginia = E.V.

That's awesome, are you originally from Boston? How long have you been living here? Just curious, I just moved here from Guatemala for school, so I pretty much know nothing of Boston.

-is ashamed-
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:19:50 PM by candylion »

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 04:38:07 AM »
E.V.

That's really, really good!  Well done!  Thanks for sharing it with us.  As soon as we get the new website up, I'll add a fanart section and link your deviantart. 
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 05:02:14 AM »
E.V.

That's really, really good!  Well done!  Thanks for sharing it with us.  As soon as we get the new website up, I'll add a fanart section and link your deviantart. 
Ack!

-dies-

Thanks! Hopefully, when I get a tablet, they'll get a lot better, I simply sketched this out because of impulse, haha. Thus the dress is very simple and the inside of the carriage isn't done.

I wanted to draw the part where Kelsier jumps in and there's a look of shock on her face, funny scene.

Anywho, thanks so much ^^. More to come.

-grins-
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:20:15 PM by candylion »

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 04:48:42 PM »
Well, I love the Vin piece there. Hope to see more from you!
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 05:08:51 PM »
Dang. I'm at work now, and the firewalls won't ever let me look at deviantart. Must be the "deviant" part.  :P I'll have to take a look when I get home.

Oh, and thanks for the clarification, Elena. I'm still somewhat new to Boston myself. We should get together sometime. :) I've been here 1 1/2 yrs. I'm from Utah, Orem in fact. Went to BYU for my master's in American literature. Now I am studying Publishing & Writing at Emreson College.

How are you adjusting to life in Boston? Speaking of adjusting, my brother is adjusting to life in Central America--El Salvador, to be exact--where he is serving a mission for my church, La Iglesia de Jesu Christo de las Santos de los Ultimos Dias. Cool, I can say it in Spanish.  ;D I took a couple years of Spanish, but it is woefully "rusty" now. *sigh* Eric, my brother, is doing very well with the language, which is great. He is always telling us interesting stories about the people and the culture, so I enjoy that. Anyhow, gotta get back to work...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 05:20:46 PM by Shrain »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 06:25:46 PM »
Mistborn: Winged Cloak

You can see the previous art I put here on deviant (In Scraps), but I've replaced it with this one for official fanart. This one's much better, it took me a while but I'm finally happy with how I've drawn Vin, I'll move onto other characters now.

[[Previous Post: Yay, new art. I had to draw her in her shift, towards the end of the book. Well, this one's a bit diproportional, it was really quick, I don't think I even erased on this one, or did I? Well, it's really shitty, so I don't really mind if you criticize it, because I know it sucks too. Although, I like her face in this one better. Anywho, enjoy, more to come soon, hopefully something better.]]

Hopefully.

Shrain - That's really awesome, I did some missionary work over the summer with my church back home, I went to Spain for a few weeks, very cool. Don't worry, your spanish can't be that bad, mine is getting pretty bad though since I've been away from home for so long. Yea, I really miss the culture back home in Guatemala, very different from the U.S., that and the sweets. I'm currently and English major, but I'm probably switching to art sometime in the next year. I really wanted to screenwriting for a while, but i gave up thinking I'd rather work with Japan Animation.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:20:46 PM by candylion »

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 08:07:09 PM »
Notice: If you want to see a scene or a character drawn out, just post and tell me, I'm open to suggestions. Actually, I'm looking forward to some. Especially by Mr. Sanderson himself, hahahaha.

I'm so insane. Or crazy. Ah...-jellybeans-

Anywho, yes, please give me suggestions, so then I'll start a list.

-is RATHER excited-
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:21:56 PM by candylion »

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 09:08:54 PM »
Wow.  Must say that I'm impressed with that second one as well.  (Though you're right, the one you replaced is a bit awkward with the way the head looks.)  Still, that's a very nice interpretation of the mistcloak. 

What scene would I most like to see drawn.  Hum...  I'd have to say:

1)  Kelsier and the Lord Ruler, facing off in the Square of the Survivor, ash in the sky, surrounded by quiet soldiers and rebels.

2)  Vin shattering the stained glass window in the Lord Ruler's palace near the end, mist curling around her, darkness beyond. 

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 09:13:02 PM »
I'm currently working on a version of Kelsier, seeing if I like it or not. Those are really dynamic scenes, I'll definitely try.

Thanks, -blushes- I'm glad you like my artwork. ^.^ Though I'm a bit confused on the clothing in the Mistborn Setting, with the noblemen suits and all. If anyone would like to clarify this for me, that would be awesome.

Arigatou!~ ^.^
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:22:18 PM by candylion »

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 09:27:53 PM »
Mistborn setting is loosely pre industrial England for clothing styles.  Early 1800s, particularly for the men, though few of the men wear hats.  (Breeze puts one on occasionally, but he's one of the few I mention.)  Kelsier would usually have worn a buttoning shirt and pressed trousers, then.

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 09:36:51 PM »
So would there be the high boots? I'm thinking pantaloons for some reason, ignore that. Alright, thanks, ^.^

That helps alot, I'll check that out and hopefully, it'll come out alright. And I hope you're considering Mistborn to be more of an animated film (well, I'd prefer series so there would just be three arc according to the books, and tehrefore you could stay true to the books...better...ish...) than a motion picture.

-grins evully-

Well, I'm off to draw.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:22:48 PM by candylion »

candylion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 10:18:12 PM »
Mistborn: Sketch: Kelsier Prototype

Hope you like, very sketch-like...like the rest of them. Please comment on what to change or what to keep, I would really appreciate some help so I could eventually get these to be more and more accurate.

Also, I have more of an Idea what the suit are supposed to be, so would the women's clothing be from the era? The corsets don't seem as prominent though.

-shrugs-
-grins-
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 09:23:09 PM by candylion »