Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2007  (Read 15782 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo 2007
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 04:21:45 PM »
I fell behind yesterday too. I was about 500 words short of my goal. Course, if I keep with my normal rate of 2k per day, I'll be fine. I just have to keep my 2 hours of writing a day going.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 08:46:45 PM »
So, I am going to have to bow out of any races for first, at least until tuesday... My mother in law has come for a surprise visit  :-\ there should be some rule against doing that.

I will catch up though  ;) so don't write me off entirely, I'm still ahead of schedule.

Shi

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2007, 02:54:19 AM »
Well, I'm gonna drop out of the Nanowrimo. I truly hated my story in every which, way, and form, and even if I got to my 50k I still wouldn't be happy, because that fact wouldn't change. I just can't bring myself to sacrifice so much time for something I hate, when I could be doing something I actually enjoy, like working on the story I had to put on hold for the Wrimo.  So that, and stress, finally made me decide. Anyway, I'm still rooting for everyone! Keep up the good work!

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2007, 07:09:58 PM »
Alright, I'm back  *Cracking my knuckles* I managed to do a little writing (like real writing, you know... pen and paper) when they were here, but that only put me over the 25,000 mark.... oh, so far to go. And I notice that EUOL is at 38K

grrr.  ;)

So what's everyone at?

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2007, 05:32:38 AM »
Just passing 22k.

Sadly, having to work a full-time hectic job and go to school and attempt to maintain my sanity takes its toll on my writing.

Yet, I haven't fallen behind. Having an outline of the story has helped immensely.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2007, 05:22:47 AM »
I was thinking about the same thing... minus the paid job and my own schooling. I spent my entire day running around, drop daughter off at school, run home give the baby a nap, go to nearby town for lunch with husband, go to Walmart, try to find 5 year old in Wal-Mart three times (he kept hiding from me... it wasn't so funny), get home in time to pick up daughter, go home, start homework, go to ballet, go to another store, get home, dinner, baths, bed...... and I didn't get half of what I needed to be accomplished done... I could give you that list if you want  ;)

The only time I got to write was during the babies naptime, and some more just now. I am about to fall asleep on my laptop though so I decided to stop.

I just passed 28K

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2007, 03:30:50 PM »
I passed the halfway point--25k.

Now I must go help crazy people for the day.

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2007, 08:01:26 PM »
that's an interesting way to put it... I hope you're not helping me with anything.  ;)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2007, 02:19:35 PM »
he actually works with people who have mental problems they're trying to help.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2007, 04:17:18 PM »
Well, more specifically adults with long-term mental illnesses, and illiterate children, and just about anyone in poverty.

It makes good fodder for writing. Though yesterday one of the paranoid schizophrenics went off on me with a delusional rant. Oh happy day.

Almost at 27.5K

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2007, 10:44:37 PM »
Yes, I figured that was what you did. I just thought it was, you know, against your code of ethics to call them crazy.

course, now that I said that I know, it makes me sound like I'm crazy too, which I'm not.

Shh! Quiet, He can't hear you... No! I'm not going to type that... I said No!   ;)

FTH

• Level 2
  • Love and Peace!
    • View Profile
    • Swiss Drivel with Cheese
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2007, 07:56:38 AM »
Hehe, I actually got here from the NaNo site. (Brandon has/had a big "Ask a Pro" thread on the Fantasy forums and it's been the most useful thing I found there so far. Kudos! I can't find it anymore right now, though... the mods must've moved it... again...) Basically, NaNo is my first contact with the author world and it's been an eye-opener, let me tell you :P

It took me from my "it'll be fine, you'll get published some day" attitude to changing my word goal for this month to 90k. 50k for every following month. And I'm planning to edit those too. Right now I'm some thousand words behind the 90k goal. Well, at least there's no doubt I'll be making the NaNo goal :P

You guys seem like a nice lot, so I hope you won't mind if I "hang out" here a bit from now on. I'll try and keep myself from posting solely on his board and sucking up to Brandon to get writing tips, but I make no promises.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 07:58:21 AM by FTH »

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2007, 05:39:16 PM »
Right now I'm some thousand words behind the 90k goal.

:P

golly, make us all feel second rate!  ;)

I'm fairly new around here too, they seem like a nice lot though. They tolerate me.

FTH

• Level 2
  • Love and Peace!
    • View Profile
    • Swiss Drivel with Cheese
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 09:44:33 PM »
Hooray, I just typed myself past Brandon! Though he's been stagnant for a while now because his thing is already finished... mine will take me somewhere in the 90'000 range and that's still a long way off. Good luck to you all, see you on the other end of the magical 50k!

Edit: Aaaand! I win! Hooray me! Go me! Go me! ^^
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 11:32:11 PM by FTH »

Shi

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2007, 02:30:40 AM »
Haha! Conrates FTH! Man, I don't know how people like you pump out so many words so quickly! It puts me in awe and makes me sick at the same time (in a good way, of course!)