Author Topic: Brandon, maybe a good sign?  (Read 2376 times)

dillinisgood

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Brandon, maybe a good sign?
« on: September 28, 2007, 02:26:54 PM »
I can't remember for sure but I seem to think that you posted that Barnes and Noble wasn't going to reorder Well of Ascension?  Well I work in the receiving department at a store in florida and we got 2 more yesterday.  Who knows, I could have been part of the process by buying our only one a few weeks ago.

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon, maybe a good sign?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 07:55:58 PM »
The Barnes and Nobel I was at last night had a whole stack of books from Brandon that they just received, including a ton of MB2.

Of course.... that might of been because Brandon was there signing them. :)

Brandon, thanks again for signing that stack of books and staying around a while to enlighten us and answer questions.  I  already look forward to the next time you come out this way.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 06:41:04 AM »
Folks,

My agent confirmed that our efforts were, indeed, successful.  Because the book sold so well, and because I compiled a list of complaints and sent them to their buyer (who, by the way, is a fan of mine) we were able to convince B&N corporate to do a second order on the novel. 

So, thanks all around to those who wrote in and gave me information about having difficulty finding the book.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 08:51:29 PM »
Woot!! That's excellent news. Every time I walked by a B&N lately, I admit I've felt a little bitter. The 'no replenish' thing was stupid. Hooray for the return of sanity!  ;D
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Shi

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 01:18:09 AM »
Woot!! That's excellent news. Every time I walked by a B&N lately, I admit I've felt a little bitter. The 'no replenish' thing was stupid. Hooray for the return of sanity! ;D

Haha! I felt the same way, but we only have a B&N in my town, so I kept constantly thinking 'Darn it! Why don't we have a borders or something?!" I've started to forgive them, though, I mean, book stores are like people, they make mistakes (plus I don't really have any other shopping options).

pengwenn

• Level 4
  • Is this my reality or yours?
    • View Profile
    • Life of a Gamer Girl
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 11:34:49 PM »
I promised my brother I'd get him a video game if he did something.  Well he did it and I thought he would ask for Halo 3 or something.  He asked if he could get a book instead.  Guess what he asked for?  Mistborn 2 Well of Ascension.  I got Brandon to autograph a copy of Mistborn: The Final Empire for him at Conduit and I gave it to my brother for his birthday in July.  He loved the fact that it was autographed.  He's not much of a reader but I've been working on him for the last 2 years.  So far I've gotten him to fall in love with Orson Scott Card's work, the Harry Potter novels, Tad Williams's Otherland series and now Brandon's Mistborn series.  I'm having him read only the best.  :)

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 11:49:30 PM »
Thanks so much!
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch