Author Topic: Heroes: Season 2 Spoilers  (Read 16055 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes: Season 2 Spoilers
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2007, 11:00:50 PM »
Wikipedia quotes:
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Heroes creator Tim Kring commented on criticism of season two, and the series' 15% decline in the ratings. Kring said that he felt he had made mistakes with the direction of season two. He had thought that the audience was looking for a "build-up of characters and the discovery of their powers", similar to that of season one, when viewers were instead looking for "adrenaline."

Kring also outlined what he felt were problems with plot development, stating that the second season "took too long to get to the big-picture story", explaining that Peter's vision of the viral armageddon should have occurred in the first episode instead of the seventh. He feels that it would have been better to introduce new characters within the context of the main storyline, as with Elle, rather than in unattached arcs such as that of Maya and Alejandro. Kring also admitted that he should have resolved the "Hiro in Japan" storyline much more quickly, and that the romantic stories aren't working well. With regards to Claire and West, and Hiro and Yaeko, he said "I've seen more convincing romances on TV. In retrospect, I don't think romance is a natural fit for us."
At least he knows what was wrong with it...
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2007, 07:02:47 PM »
I have to admit, I agree with him on every point. I don't know that I was specifically looking for "adrenaline" in season two, but I would have much rather had further development of existing characters. We've seen them discover their own powers, and other people like them, so now I want to watch them DO stuff with it. Which probably would have involved more action, so sure, I guess adrenaline.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Lightningfall

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2007, 03:26:34 AM »
I admit I'm of the opinion that the whole "Hiro goes back in time" plot wasn't worth Adam's backstory. The ancient Japan stuff just dragged.

I agree with you for the most part.  However, I think that the purpose for going back was two fold; first, Adams back story, second, to show that Hiro was actually the hero he had idolized as a child.
And I was hoping for some more interesting character development from Sylar, but he's still just a creepy psycho. He's good at it, but it's just the same thing as last season. I guess we'll see where it goes.
Just an interesting side note, Zachary Quinto, Sylar, will be playing Spock on the next Star Trek movie, currently in the works.

jordan

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2007, 10:51:14 AM »
Maybe he's actually an alien, and has all of Superman's powers.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2007, 01:47:16 PM »
I find this quite likely

Sylar... er... QUinto, will make an excellent Spock, I thinks.