Author Topic: Just finished The Well of Ascension *spoilers, obviously heh*  (Read 4710 times)

dawncawley

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Just finished The Well of Ascension *spoilers, obviously heh*
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 06:10:27 PM »
Don't worry Pygmalion, you aren't the only one. I have cried at many books I have read, and can be downright weepy at a good movie. I still haven't been able to watch The Pursuit of Happyness due to the fact that just the darn commercials make me weepy. ;)

I think that we will see much of Elend's development into a full Mistborn. I don't think EUOL would short-cut us with something simple like "Vin taught him everything she knew."  That just wouldn't begin to cover it :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 06:14:01 PM by dawncawley »

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 11:19:11 PM »
lol, it's nice to know I'm not the only one... And you know, I didn't see The Pursuit of Happyness for that same reason as well. *sheepish*

You know though, I wasn't ever really sad that Tindwyl died necessarily, but more Sazed's reaction. Clubs' death was rough though... I was just starting to really get into him as a character and then BAM he's gone.... *sniff*
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Cid

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 04:32:10 PM »
Glad you liked the ending.  I'm working on my endings--trying to space out my climax chapters just a tad more so that they still feel explosive without overwhelming.  I think I've gotten better at this with each book, but Mistborn 3 is the one I think I did the best job on.  (Note that I doubt my endings will ever completely get rid of the 'avalanche' of things happening at once because of the way I plot.  I've just been trying to deal with my sagging early-middle sections.)

I've got to say, I'm digging the 'avalanching' a good bit.

Regards,
D