Author Topic: Brandon, about Denver.  (Read 3221 times)

Shi

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart page
Brandon, about Denver.
« on: September 12, 2007, 04:48:39 AM »
Hey Brandon, you said you were going to do a signing in Denver, right? I was wondering if you knew the date, time, place, and all that jazz. I think I can make a trip...down? Yeah, down for the signing. So if you know please give me a heads up!

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon, about Denver.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 05:23:33 AM »
http://www.brandonsanderson.com/article.php?id=44 has his complete tour schedule (unless it's out of date)!
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 06:36:30 AM »
Does the "Brandon Only-This is mainly an Alcatraz signing!" imply that MB2 copies won't be as readily available as the Alcatraz ones?

If we want to get a copy of MB1/2 or Elantris signed should we go to the signing at Waldenbooks instead of the other two?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 06:39:03 AM by Phaz »

Shi

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 06:45:49 AM »
Ah! Thanks a lot! Now I've got a trip to plan!

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 06:55:22 AM »
There SHOULD be copies of all of my books at each of those signings.  I've called and talked to each of the people setting them up, and they said they'd have each of my books.  I KNOW the one at the Waldenbooks will have copies of everything, since the manager there is a friend of mine and is very on the ball.  The other two should be equally on top of things, from what I've seen.  If you have to choose one, though, that's the one I'd go to.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Cheetaur

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 07:31:00 PM »
dang it, I'm from colorado, too bad I'm in Cali right now

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 08:21:26 PM »
Could you go to one of the California signings? Or you just would have preferred one of the Denver ones?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Swiggly

• Level 4
  • Here's for trying, rhymes with dying
    • View Profile
    • Gaia Online Account
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 09:24:30 AM »
I have a friend that's moving to Denver. Maybe I'll get him to stop by and get me a signature, cause I've already got the book. I'll frame it and put it on my wall. Maybe he'll get a book, too. He's a reader, like me.
I want to be a publisher at Tor Fantasy when I grow up.

YAY

Cheetaur

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 01:55:38 AM »
Yeah, I guess i might be able to head down to half moon bay (located in san jose), that's only an hr away :). not too bad

Queen Mother

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon, about Denver - got a book!!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 10:19:58 PM »
Well I sure missed your Denver signing...by a month or so!  But my husband had a teacher's conference in Denver  this week (Nov 12th and on) and I got to go with him - so I looked up your Waldenbooks in Denver and I braved myself to go drive in Denver's downtown area and found the mall with Waldenbooks!  I called ahead and talked to manager and he told me they still had an autographed copy of Alcatraz so I asked the concierge in the lobby how to get there and wa-la!, I got there and actually added a hardback book back into our home library.  I think Alcatraz will be more my speed of reading. I have avid readers in my family and as a mom I personally just can't recommend books that have rapes, sex scenes...no R or PG-13 type stuff unless my kids can keep it in perspective.  Some of my kids can't, some are mature and can.  So back to Alcatraz, I think it will be my type of reading that I can share with my whole family; kindergartener to college daughters.   I think Brandon has a genius in creating worlds that are believable.