Author Topic: Hoid??  (Read 99793 times)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: Hoid??
« Reply #240 on: December 14, 2009, 01:33:45 AM »
Okay, it helps to read things right.  We'll not discuss it out in the open, I promise.  (At least, not pass what's already been written.)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 01:35:39 AM by firstEggnogToast »
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Red, White, and Joker

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Jingle bells, Batman Smells...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 14, 2009, 01:36:52 AM »
Really?  There's stuff that spoils future books?  All he showed was the wolf equal creature, the two maps (a third, but since I can't read my pic it doesn't do much good to me) a few more of the text and a break down.  I don't think there's anything to spoil it... unless you're giving us a hint?

I do believe that Ook was referring to what was contained in the old school dragonsteel, just as what is now called Mistborn Prime has spoilers for WoA.
¿snoıɹǝs os ʎɥʍ 'ʎllɐǝɹ 'ou no, really, why so serious?

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 14, 2009, 01:38:09 AM »
Yeah, I got that the second time I read it.

I'd like to say I'm sick, so if I have issues understanding that's why.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Red, White, and Joker

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 14, 2009, 01:39:17 AM »
It's all good. TY for the welcome, BTW

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 14, 2009, 04:44:51 AM »
OK, I haven't read any of the unpublished works and probably will never be able to.  Is there anything I could read that would make any sense of this debate?
Nature hates being reified.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 14, 2009, 04:48:29 AM »
Don't take anything in Dragonsteel as gospel truth, since things will change by the time it gets published. But also don't go talking about its details where people who haven't read it can see, since there are parts of it that will spoil future books.

Yeah, trying to be careful about what is said.  There is a post I'm thinking about making that would use pieces from Liar, I mean if they look hard enough ANYONE can get part of it, so is that considered . . . something to not be mentioned?  And I was going to make sure to not say anything from DS because I've been told a few times to be careful because of portions of it being in WoK.  EDIT:: I saw somewhere earlier where you said this wasn't cannon yet, so I won't even worry about Liar being involved.

EDIT :: @ Mr. J - There is stuff in DS that is being incorporated into WoK.

EDIT EDIT :: @ TPas - I meant Realmatic Theory, but it runs on a similar track as Planar Theory.  Cognitive, spiritual, and physical.

@Happyman :: Some can be found if you look in the right places.  Look through the forums.  Check out some older things.  Particularly discussion where some of the older people ((I.E. Spriggan, EUOL, etc. still actually conversed. ;]))
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 06:29:55 AM by May-A-Be it's Kwanzaa »
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 14, 2009, 04:50:05 AM »
I haven't read dragonsteel.  We're refering to the published books for the most part.

Red, White, and Joker

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 14, 2009, 05:19:31 AM »
The published works, and that which we've inferred by what EUOL has told us at signings.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 14, 2009, 09:15:34 AM »
I have been authorized to reveal that Hoid is, in fact, a connection to a being known in some circles as "Noid" or "The Noid."

You mean THE Noid!?!!??!?!
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Red, White, and Joker

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 14, 2009, 06:54:44 PM »
I have been authorized to reveal that Hoid is, in fact, a connection to a being known in some circles as "Noid" or "The Noid."

It does say "The Noid"... One can only assume that the Noid in that video, is in fact, Hoid. This is the logical assumption.

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2009, 08:40:07 PM »

It does say "The Noid"... One can only assume that the Noid in that video, is in fact, Hoid. This is the logical assumption.

I see quite the similarity between The Noid & Hoid. They both shake alot & seem.... helpful.... sorta..... not really. BUT THIS IS THE FACT NOW! Noid = Hoid. Because.. if you change one line in the letter H you can make the letter N. This is also fact.

Sorta..

??? I confused myself. ???
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Troubadour

• Level 4
  • Fantabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 16, 2009, 08:22:37 AM »
I can't read any more Hoid scenes without imagining him as the Noid now. Randomly cracking up in the library thanks to you guys. -_-

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 16, 2009, 07:05:35 PM »
I can't read any more Hoid scenes without imagining him as the Noid now. Randomly cracking up in the library thanks to you guys. -_-

I'ma pull out my laptop and watch a full season of The Office in the library one day and see if I can get through it without getting slammed in the back of my head with a W-Z dictionary tomb.

I do not see this idea turning out well.. for my brain cells that is. I'ma have a friggin' blast watching the office me thinkies. :D
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

KhyEllie

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 06, 2010, 04:48:57 AM »
hi. I'm new here.
This is the only place I could find anything on the Hoid phenomenon that I noticed after reading Mistborn and Elantris, and even though I'm not sure of what half the stuff you guys are talking about is, I'm really interested in this Shardworld stuff.
(I can tell by your writing styles that you're all considerably older than I am, so bear with me if I'm not throwing analytical points around) I figure I'll throw my two bits into this discussion:
I noticed that somewhere you were trying to figure out what the six shards are, and I found  Q&A where Sanderson gives the answer to that:
-Ruin, Preservation, Adonalsium, Hoid, BioChroma, and the Dor.
As for the ideas about Hoid being SlowSwift in HoA and the Terris steward in WoA, I think they're both unquestionably true.
Finally, about Hoid's statements on where he learned his storytelling(I just finished Warbreaker) I don't see why those can't apply to Mistborn or Warbreaker itself. Gods die in both and as for the lands coming together, I don't think we know enough history of either world to make a judgement call on it. Could be Hallandren and Vivenna's homeland for all we know. (Hoid was in the future?)

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2010, 05:18:28 AM »
Adonalism is the origin of the shards.... or more accurately they are his/ it's remnants. The Dor and Biochroma are magic systems fueled by shards not shards (the voice that speaks to Lightsong is the shard for Warbreaker) .
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz