Author Topic: Sanderson's First Law  (Read 9407 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Sanderson's First Law
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 07:53:11 PM »
Actually Shrain Brandon's forum has it's own rules and he allows thread necromancy.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2007, 08:20:25 PM »
Yeah, I know it's allowed...  Honestly, though, even on EUOL's forum, thread necromancy has seemed to irk others besides myself in the past. (shrug)

Anyhow, if our new member wants to participate in other parts of TWG, I thought it would be good to link to the FAQs, as I've seen admins do a number of times for other newbies. That way there won't be any rude awakenings, so to speak. Speaking of which, my post wasn't meant to be rude, just mainly to point out that he may not have realized how old the topic was because the content was so interesting.  From the way he said it, I thought that might be the case: "I just registered on TWG, and that only so I could join what is a pretty great discussion about Brandon's First Law."
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 08:27:47 PM by Shrain »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2007, 09:16:47 AM »
Welcome MatthewM!  Sprig is right, I actually appreciate "thread necromancy" as I use these forums to allow people to post on past articles from my blog.  Checking out the FAQ as Shrain suggests is not a bad idea, though, since TWG can be a pretty crazy place! I've been thinking a lot about this article lately, as I've been meaning to go back and trim it up. Knowing your interpretations and opinions on these ideas is very helpful.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2007, 04:03:43 PM »
*nods* Editing is good.  ;D

When are we going to get Sanderson's Second Law though, hmm?
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

MatthewM

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2007, 10:42:41 PM »
Hey, sorry about that guys.  How embarrassing to commit such a major faux pas on my very first post.  Let me be honest with you all, as ashamed as I am to admit it...not only was this my first post on the TWG forums, but it was pretty much my first post ever on any forum or blog of any kind.  I had no idea there were any rules like this to be followed.  As someone who has an unhealthy number of pet peeves, I know how annoying it must be for people to come in and flaunt an established set of rules/traditions that have worked for so long for the older members of TWG.  I did go over and take a look at the FAQ, and it was very helpful.  Thanks for the suggestion.  You would think that someone as old as I (and sadly, as inflated with his own supposed intelligence) would think to check the date on the last post of the thread, but alas, I had a total brain fart.  I blame my excitement over the lure of the topic--soft magic systems have long been one of my own pet peeves.  Anyway, I'll take the advice to look at the most recent threads and post in them in the future.  Until then!!