Author Topic: Open RPG  (Read 4600 times)

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Open RPG
« on: August 20, 2007, 04:06:41 PM »
Does anyone on this board use this program?

I've been looking into it a little, since it seems like online gaming would be a very practical way for me to play rpg games I don't normally get to play.

http://www.openrpg.com/
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

spikemuffin

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Open RPG
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 06:50:01 PM »
This new group I joined uses it mainly for pictures, die rolls and private messages for couple skype players. I installed it on my MacBook and it seems to work fine and I see it becoming very useful for online gaming.

Crusader808

• Level 3
  • Sexy, Shoeless God of War
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 08:43:12 AM »
We've used it in the past in our group. For online Mutants and Masterminds and for our trial run into the fabulous world of 4E. It was pretty handy and let us play at weird hours which for my wife and I was pretty dang handy. Kid doing homework? Game!

Plus you could step away to help her with said homework and blame it on lag, everyone wins!

We did notice that one of our players had his connection die regularly and for bizarre reasons. That may not have been the openrpg client, but it seemed to be the only software he had that was having problems. We had some lockup issues as well which we found was related to our firewall settings.  Generally we looked for servers that had low numbers of connections. More connections meant more lag.

Bit of a pain in the arse, but handy once you get it working.
"I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals." Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 06:30:06 PM »
I've always preferred screen monkey over openRpg, but that's just my preference. OpenRPG is fine too, though
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Crusader808

• Level 3
  • Sexy, Shoeless God of War
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 06:43:21 PM »
I've always preferred screen monkey over openRpg, but that's just my preference. OpenRPG is fine too, though

Oooooh shiny. Thanks for the tip. I'll pass this one onto my group.
"I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals." Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz