Author Topic: Who am I picking up books for at the Mistborn pre-release?  (Read 3887 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
Who am I picking up books for at the Mistborn pre-release?
« on: August 04, 2007, 07:56:41 PM »
I know I'm picking up books for several people at the Mistborn pre-release (including my own mother and my mother-in-law!), so remind me now. Please tell me the following:

1. Whose name is it reserved under? If you want it reserved in my name, let me know NOW so I can call and reserve it to make sure it will be there.

2. Email me your address or contact information regarding where it needs to be shipped or who is picking it up.

3. Email me or post here the information regarding what you want Brandon to sign in the book, other than his John Hancock.

4. Anything I'm forgetting?

So far I know this refers to Jade, SE, and Shrain. Who else?
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Who am I picking up books for at the Mistborn pre-release?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 07:12:14 PM »
Guess what--I will actually be in Utah and will make my own appearance at the book signing, Nessa. :D woot! There was a change in plans. I won't be going on the long, cross-country trek w/ my old roomie. She needed to leave earlier than we'd planned (plus the cost was just too high). Yet I already requested the days off, so.... I'm flying home to Utah on the 11th and returning to Boston on the 21st.

I'm so excited to come to the signing. Isn't there a Bucca party too sometime? I thought I saw that somewhere. Hmmm...
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 05:29:24 PM »
Will you pick one up for me?  It seems I did a conflict of scheduel and can't get out of the other one to come.  I'll pm you the info as far as pick-up and junk.  As for what to have signed, my name... whatever he wants to put, or if he doesn't know his favorite line from the book.

Thank you!
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 06:59:34 PM »
Oh! Ok. Sure, send me the information.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Guido

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 10:37:27 PM »
Is there anyway I can solicit your help also?  I made the pre-order, but then realized I had already committed my Saturday evening.  I could pay for the book earlier that day, but I really was hoping to get it signed and numbered.  Any aid or suggestions you could offer would be great.  (or if someone else could help out...)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 04:08:53 PM »
I could probably pick it up, have it signed, and leave it there for you to pick up later. Tell me what you want him to write in it.

Guido

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 06:40:33 PM »
Probably just "To Kobin" and what ever else he feels like.  I've always felt dictated personalizations were a little fake.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 07:28:21 PM »
They will have it listed there under your last name for me to pick up. I'm going to need that.

Guido

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »
Right.  Knew i was forgetting something.  :)   The full name is Kobin Bingham, and there might be two (one of my friends is a recent fan and asked me to get one for her...).  Just  a signature and number will be fine for that one.  By the way, what is your name, just in case i can break away during that time period?

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 09:21:14 PM »
Vanessa

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 05:05:40 AM »
Well dang it. I wasn't able to get Guido and firstRainbowRose's books signed. They didn't have them by name, so I couldn't know if they were paid for, and I didn't want to get them signed and leave them there without being paid for, but I wasn't going to pay for them myself...

I'm sorry  :(

Guido

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 07:21:11 AM »
Well that's frustrating.  I told them what was supposed to happen, and the girl at the counter even took down my name for that purpose.   Oh well, I'll have to bring them the next time Brandon is in the area.  Any clue when that might be?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 08:01:22 AM »
He lives in Provo.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 05:01:56 PM »
He usually has several signings in the Utah County and Salt Lake County areas. You'll see him soon enough...

Guido

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 06:37:37 PM »
Actually, I got lucky.  When I picked up the books I found out that the employees had gotten my books signed anyway.  Thanks all for your help though!   :)