Author Topic: Marriage-A Luxury Item  (Read 4912 times)

Tink

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage-A Luxury Item
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 04:59:50 PM »
Maybe if it was something that was changed recently. I did get married 5 years ago.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 06:13:50 AM »
I guess MSN is trying to promote people staying single. So here is an article on why people choose not to marry:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/CollegeAndFamily/SuddenlySingle/WhenItPaysToStaySingle.aspx

Incidentally, a person at work is not married to her husband (whom she divorced a long time ago but still live with) solely because of what she says are tax liabilities.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

twisted

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 11:40:11 AM »
Shouldn't the title say "Married after 20 years and not Divorced - A Luxury Life?"

Personally I've been married almost 10 years, have been in love with my husband since I was 12 (I'm 33 now), and still love him now more than ever before. And while I 'could' imagine a life without him, I don't want to.

The fact we both went to university (he's an Engineer, I'm an accountant) but now are classed as a low income family, unfortunately was our choice.  It was either a case of let the family business close or sacrife to join in and keep it going. Gluttons for punishment maybe.  Happy? Extremely!