Author Topic: Vodniks Bite  (Read 1527 times)

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Vodniks Bite
« on: July 01, 2007, 05:27:06 AM »
I just finished the second draft of my current YA contemporary fantasy, and I'm getting ready to send it to the editor who has asked for it, but I'd love to have some extra, fresh eyes look at it before then.  Some of you (EUOL, MsFish, CtrlZed, Hauf) have already workshopped it (though if you'd like to see the changes, I'm not against repeat offenders), and I know some others of you (Nessa, Brenna, SE and others) have read books of mine in the past.  This one is even better!  ;-)  Anyway--feel free to volunteer here if you'd like to read.  If possible, I'd like to get the comments within a couple of weeks, though.  I told the editor I'd get it to her in a month, and that was a week and a half ago.  Yikes!

Oh--basic plot, just in case that helps you make up your mind: 16 year old boy moves to Slovakia and discovers he can see and interact with creatures from Slovak folklore, one of which wants his soul.  Fast-paced, humorous fantasy for all ages.  It's abut 113,000 words (Microsoft Word Count.  Under 200 pages single spaced 12-point Times).

Any takers?

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Vodniks Bite
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 06:03:56 AM »
I'm willing to add it to my reading list at the moment. I don't think I've read much of your writing.

I'll send you a PM with an email to send it to.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 06:12:12 PM »
Just sent it to you, 42.  Thanks so much!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 04:04:13 AM »
Got it, I'll see if I can get it read soon.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.