Author Topic: guild wars anthology  (Read 5653 times)

fire--head

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
guild wars anthology
« on: June 02, 2007, 12:38:31 PM »
i love all the differnet guild wars games i have all 3 games and my best character is a level 20 assasin i rock. let me know about your characters, tactics and quests. PLEASE!!

Zal Kaijin

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: guild wars anthology
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 03:51:23 PM »
Guild Wars is a fantastic game.  I've bought and linked all 3, and i have 7 out of 8 characters at level 20.  Still haven't got around to buying GWEN... any comments on that one?  It looked really cool.

sheksho

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 04:44:40 AM »
NO THEY DONT :P

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 08:41:03 PM »
I love Guild Wars, though my wife thinks I love it TOO much. :D
I have the main 3 expansions, I haven't got around to getting GWEN as I'm rather hoping someone else will spend the money. :D  (Christmas please) ;)

I've got 13 characters, I think.....I believe that 10 of them are maxed out.

Really I should have been studying and such, but Guild Wars has made college liveable. :D
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

pengwenn

• Level 4
  • Is this my reality or yours?
    • View Profile
    • Life of a Gamer Girl
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 05:36:16 PM »
My brother gave me Guild Wars for xmas and I've created my character but I haven't done anything yet as we haven't been able to get a time to play together.  I play RPGs all the time but this would be my first forray into MMORPG.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 04:54:52 PM by pengwenn »

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 06:16:27 PM »
Hmmm, Guild Wars. It's currently the only MMO I play, because it has no monthly fee--which is awesome since I really don't play it that much. However, I have Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall (Collectors Edition, too), and GWEN. There's so much awesome to go around there.

I suppose the best part about the game is how sweet the high level armors look. It is immensely gratifying that you can see your character all decked out.

I have ten characters, one of each class, but I primarily only use a few (those ones are the level 20's). My main one is a Warrior/Necro, my original Prophecies character. I have an assassin, monk, and a dervish. Those are the classes I play.

As for tactics... I don't really use them... Though I've gotten better with my warrior through time. Right now I'm running... oh, what is it? Oh! Mark of Pain. I use Mark of Pain, Hundred Blades, and basic warrior skills, and it pretty much slaughters groups of basic enemies. It was surprising, because I went from Camp Rankor all the way through Snake Dance with just henchmen. That was fun :D.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 02:40:13 AM »
Triple Paragons for the win.

My current is assassin/dervish for scythe damage, daggers are useless (poorly implemented), and the damage output is sickening high.

Fell and I have been trying to get EUOL to play the game and he was going to start but then get got the WoT deal and didn't have the time.  Oh well maybe next year.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Parker

• Level 12
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Well, what if there is no tomorrow?
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 08:04:49 PM »
You and Fell play, too? I just bought this game a bit ago and I've played it some. Enjoyable--and no monthly fees, which killed my WoW sessions. Do you both still play frequently?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 05:51:38 AM »
My recent book deal killed my playing, too, but I still get on occasionally. If you want to try to contact me, Parker (or, I guess, anyone else), you can use the wicked awesome name Wychfire Soulblade. Though I fear that my old nemesis Mr. Time Zone will prevent me from ever hooking up with Parker. Dangit.

Which campaign are you in, Parker?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 07:17:59 AM »
I'm usually on Friday or Saturday for at least an hour or two.  Yuki Kawaji is my easiest to spell name though I'm rarely on her because of my loathing of prophecies.  Like Fell I'm mostly a solo player but I don't mind teaming up for missions or dungeons if you're having problems beating them but I like chating.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Parker

• Level 12
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 03:14:43 PM »
I'm in Prophecies. That's the basic, first game, right? I have trouble telling them all apart. Character name is something like Denis'a something something. What's up with making me make up a last name? Not cool. Can't remember it. I'll have to check when I have a sec.

And Fell--what's the deal with the book deal these days? And are you working on a sequel? And have you seen Dexter? The serial killer of serial killers TV show? Right up your alley, buddy. Drop me a private message or email me sometime. I'd love an update.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 06:54:25 PM »
Prophecies was the first, but the second two (Factions and Nightfall) are full, standalone campaigns. They're also far superior, allowing you (and actually helping you) get to the good stuff quickly instead of wading through their ridiculous early game.

I'll see if I can catch you on sometime, and I'll send an email right now with tantalizing book info.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Parker

• Level 12
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 12:25:12 AM »
Character name is Denisa Fyren. On very sporadically, and a total noob.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 08:34:48 PM »
I have numerous characters (only a few of them, though, are ones I actually use). The most common of mine is Isaac Veran. He's my aforementioned Warrior/Necro. I also have Mia Veran, who is a monk, Sakura Veran, an assassin, and Felix Veran, my dervish. All of those four are level 20's.

And yes, all my characters' last names are Veran. They are like a big, extended, multi-ethnicity family!
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.