Author Topic: Chapter One: The Trouble with Trinkets  (Read 40474 times)

Onion of Death

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter One: The Trouble with Trinkets
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2007, 03:35:32 PM »
Not being particularly stealth inclined, Olan did his best to attract as little attention as possible. If there was anywhere comfortable to sit out of sight range of the guardposts, he sat down and began to nurse a flask of fine brandy. He offered Dink some, not knowing whether Structs could drink or not. While drinking, he thought about how best to create a distraction if things went poorly, bringing him back to the notion that he really needed some bombs.
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2007, 09:49:35 PM »
Rashial worked his way back to the entrance he knew existed, going back into the building.  He started to walk around inside the building, slowly and carefully under the same guidlines as always.  If he approached and area with many, many guards, he did his best to remember how to get there and turned back, exploring a little more.  He tried to find his way to the eventual target, but only explored for ten or fifteen minutes, at very most, trying to get in and out.  He also looked for staircases and escape routes.  After he got all the information he could, he left and sent a psychic message to Solon, if he could.

"We know a little about the inside for later; coming back.  Send the fairy to do some aerial surveillance or so help me I'll do it when I get back.  I didn't see him flying around, and he should be.  Come one, step to it!"

OOC: I don't know the rules of psychic communication in the world.  Is there a range, can it be read by other psychics that aren't meant to be the target?  Things like this would be nice to know.  :-D.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2007, 11:57:08 PM »
OOC: I was under the impression that Orfeo was already in the air, doing reconnaissance, since he was informed that that was to be his part in the plan already.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 12:00:09 AM by Archon »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2007, 01:10:24 PM »
((sorry guys, I'm just not up to it today. If you've been paying attention to the other forum sections (not that you had to) you already know that I'm leaving in a few hours to see my grandpa, who may or may not live to see May. I'll be back in a week. Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves))

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2007, 12:17:07 AM »
I made the assumption he wasn't considering he never SAID he did it, nor did the GM say he did it when he said he was going to be NPCied.  Also, we may as well use this time to psychically solidify our plans, since SE said we could converse amongst ourselves for the next week.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2007, 09:34:25 PM »
OOC: Hey guys, does anyone else want to start this up again?
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2007, 01:36:19 PM »
((Having been out of town for half of the last few weeks, I'm interested in a response to this too. Who wants to continue playing?))

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2007, 06:44:13 PM »
I'd be happy to continue if the other players want to.
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Onion of Death

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2007, 06:48:02 PM »
(I'll keep playing if others are still interested).
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2007, 06:38:22 AM »
::pokes around::

Is this completely dead, or is there interest in resurrecting it?
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2007, 10:28:46 AM »
OOC: I'm still up for it, if others are.