Author Topic: Another Call for Articles  (Read 55179 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Another Call for Articles
« Reply #300 on: December 08, 2004, 07:34:55 PM »
Another glowing review from Fellfrosch, ready to go. I'll start on RotK now, but be warned, it's going to glow as well.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #301 on: December 08, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »
It'll go today. I was going to review Frostburn, but I feel like dying. so I'll do mine on wednesday.

I feal your pain, I'm reading Serpent Kingdoms for tomorrow and every time I start reading it I want to gouge my eyes out.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #302 on: December 09, 2004, 10:46:32 AM »
Sprig, I took that last post to mean you'd have something today. Do I err in that assumption?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #303 on: December 09, 2004, 07:09:58 PM »
The LotR review is posted; not as much glow as I expected, once I gathered my thoughts, but there's still a bit. Can we post it Monday or Tuesday?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 09, 2004, 07:45:31 PM »
Hey, SE, I'm almost done with my review of "The Life Aquatic"  It opens in NY and LA tomorrow and so we could post the review then if we wanted to. I think any time before the 25th, (the widespread opening) would be good though.    But, since I had a chance to see it so early, I think we should take advantage and post it a little bit before the actual opening day, say the 20th.

What think ye?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 07:46:17 PM by Skar »
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 09, 2004, 07:52:48 PM »
Not Saint, but yes that Rocks!!!! I Really Reaaly want to see this movie.

/me mutters to himself..."How does he see such wonderful shows!"
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 09, 2004, 08:40:36 PM »
You too could see such wonderful shows.  The tricky bit is getting on the press lists of the distribution companies in your area.  Once you're on they'll send you invites to press screenings and promo screenings.  It was probably easier for me to get on such lists considering where I live than it will be for you (D.C.?) but hey, it's worth a shot if you're interested.

Facts:
-Big distribution companies farm out to smaller local companies.  The smaller companies are those whose list you want to be on.
-The TWG was enough of an entity to get me on several of those lists in my area with more in the offing.
-All I sent them was a short email describing (briefly) our site with a request to be put on their press lists.
-You should be able to figure out who the distribution companies in your area are through research or through shmoozing a reviewer into giving you the contact emails in his possession.

If you're interested it would be great to have another movie reviewer.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2004, 08:41:49 PM by Skar »
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 09, 2004, 08:47:37 PM »
It would be nice to have that kind of freetime, but the truth is I work most nights... making tickets like that a liability...

Still prerelease screening would be fun...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 09, 2004, 08:53:28 PM »
Not really tickets, they just let you know when and where it's happening, you show up, and they check your name off a list.  Go or not as you can, they don't care.  At least that's how it works out here in Utah.

I also made myself a press card with my name, Movie Editor and the TWG logo on it.  Feel free to make your own, if anyone asks I empower you to do so, as the official movie editor for TWG. ;D

-Fellfrosch

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 09, 2004, 08:55:03 PM »
SE-

The Life Aquatic Review is in.  I tried to include the relevant HTML but I'm sure it could use an edit.

-Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #310 on: December 10, 2004, 08:59:14 AM »
I'll check it out. I think Fell's review will go monday, and I'll cover wednesday with either Frostburn or Burger Tech. The 20th is an excellent day to run the Life Aquatic. I'll run which ever review I do that doesn't go on the 15th on the 22nd. Which means, if Sprig, Mr. P, and EUOL all cover their respective days, we have our content all planned until Christmas. With a little work, we could have the content for the rest of the year planned out.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #311 on: December 10, 2004, 02:13:48 PM »
Two choices for EUOLogy today.  I have to take off for a school meeting that I'd forgotten about until recently.  So, you can either post my Ken Jennings rant off of my website, or you can wait for me to get home and finish up my rant about arrogance.  The Ken rant is nice, but kind of short and a bit over-written.  If you post it, however, I'll finish this other one up for next week.  It could be a couple of hours until I get this one finished.

Anyway, do as you please.  
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #312 on: December 10, 2004, 03:08:21 PM »
well, it's growing late. And since I don't have Internet connectivity at home right now (and we're celebrating my birthday) I don't want to gamble that you'll have it done before I leave work. I'll steal the Ken Jennings bit.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #313 on: January 05, 2005, 02:24:08 PM »
ok, I ran yours today Sprig. If you're not going to have one done by tomorrow (i don't expect you to, but if you do, that'd be great) so I'm going to make sure mine is in. I was hoping it'd be done today, but it's not so.... Yeah.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #314 on: January 05, 2005, 02:38:42 PM »
Dono if I will or not.  I wasn't planning on it since you didn't use mine on Monady (I forgot about JP's reveiw).  If I don't have anything submitted by 8am your time then assume there won't be anything.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.