Author Topic: Rules of the Game and How We Play (current info, everyone read)  (Read 3552 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Rules of the Game and How We Play (current info, everyone read)
« on: February 21, 2007, 03:17:30 AM »
NOTE: this post will change as I am able to get data typed up.

Here is a free handout listing the core abilities and weaknesses that can be applied to characters. It's only two pages. I don't intend this to be a rules heavy game, but I *really* would like people to have weaknesses and abilities. Not just powers. Remember, you're at the BOTTOM of the S.N.E.A.K.S. rung. round out your character, give her/him some foibles or problems or bad habits. It's more fun that way. However, remember that the handout is just a launching point and you don't *have* to even look at it. It's just a list of ideas for the purposes of this thread.

Races: The most common races in this world are described above. Anything in addition to these listed can be approved on a case by case basis. Feel free to add in new race ideas, just run them by me first.

Magic: You start owning *no* items, weapons, armor, books, rings, jewelry or artifacts of any magic power. You will find or be able to buy plenty later on.

Posting rules:

* You must check and post on the thread thrice a week (thrice is three times), not counting weekends or US holidays. Let me know if there will be a short-term problem with this.

* Out of character comments or questions should be signified, preferably by (()) or {{}} or [[]] or something like that. Putting *OOC* before and after the out of character remarks is also acceptable

* Things the character says should be put in quotes "like this." Alternately, you may use another color text. Just be consistent.

* Things the character does should be stated in the third person. A la "Bubba smacks the mummy with his walker." ((Bruce Campbell, I want your babies!))

* Refer to other characters by the character's name, not their display name.

* Be detailed and extensive about what you plan to do and say. Remember there's a time lag, and the more you give me, the better I can narrate.

* Anything in my posts ret-cons what you said. If you say:
I climb the wall and sneak up on the gnoll, knocking him out
I may say "you slipped while climbing" which would mean you are *not* sneaking up on the gnoll and do not knock him out. same if you climb check successfully but you make too much noise to sneak around properly.  Narrate your decisions, and then I'll post something that says what actually happened. Please feel free to post alternative actions, in case something fails, you can have a plan b. That would actually be very helpful.

* Need I say it? This is not Halo. There is no God Mode. Don't kill other players' characters without prior arrangements. Don't be all powerful.

* Try to spell and use good grammar. You can mess up. but try.

* The following colors annoy me and may not  be used for text: White, Yellow, Cyan, gray. Just. Don't.